don't kiss me

I stared at him from across the room. My laugh was cute? Sh*t, he was cute.

I turned my attention back to Mr. Curtis as he was assigning lab partners. I was hoping to be with Evee--- I couldn't imagine being with anyone else.

Well, maybe someone else.
"Jacob with... Pierre," Mr. Curtis said, beginning the partner assignment.
"Briana with... Eli,"
"Pablo with... Jane,"
"Maya with... Caitlin,"
He hesitated.
"Lynn with..." Evee. Evee. Evee.
"Alvin." my stomach dropped and I groaned internally.

× it was obvious, wasnt it :))

Alvin shot me a wink and I practically died when he came over and sat by me. He placed his lab gear on the table and brought out two test tubes. I felt something small hit the back of my head and I turned around. Evee pointed to a small crumpled piece of paper on the floor. I picked it up and opened it.

go get some
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

- evee
I rolled my eyes and tore it up. You too, I mouthed, pointing to the blonde boy next to her. She giggled and turned back around. I spun around in my seat to face Alvin.

"Do you want me to mix your a**? Or do you want to do it yourself." he asked. I gaped at him.
"What?!"
"I said, do you want me to mix the acid or can you do it by yourself?" he was pouring bright pink liquid into each test tube. I covered my mouth.
"Oh. Um. I got it." Stupid Lynn! Stupid! Stupid!

I began to mix the liquid, adding occasional drops of lemon juice to create a chemical reaction. The teacher came around to check the final results.
"What is this?!" Mr. Curtis asked, beckoning wildly towards the substance. "I said to make it blue not black. C MINUS!" I looked down, tears brimming at my eyes.
"Actually, sir," Alvin began. "Black is technically made up of all the colors, right?" Mr. Curtis raised an eyebrow.
"Excuse me?"
"Black is absorbing every color, so technically, this is every color. Including blue."
A grin threatened to break out on Mr. Curtis' face.
"I suppose your right. B plus." Alvin grinned at me, his dimples dipping deep into his face. I smiled back, blinking rapidly.

The rest of the day passed by quickly. Most of my classes were with Evee, but a few of them were with Alvin. For some reason, in every class I was in with Alvin, we were paired. Either math partners or dissecting cow eyes together, we were together. And I liked it.

A few hours later, college hours were over and everyone was heading home. The sun began to set, casting a dreamy, pinkish glow to the world around me.

"Lynn!"
I turned around and saw Evee, her bright blue ponytail bouncing behind her.
"Hey, Evee!" I say, squishing her in a tight hug.
"Wanna order takeout?"
I thought about it for a second. I really wanted to order pizza so Alvin would visit again, but I didn't want to put him over my best friend. I give her a genuine smile.

"Why not?"
"I'm feeling sweet and sour chicken with a side of dumplings right now; lets hurry back to the dormitory!" I nod and briskly walk beside her.

"Fisher! Hey, Fisher! Slow down!" I slow my pace and give Evee a knowing look. She sees Alvin behind me and gives me a nod and a wink.
"I'll order the takeout." she whispers. I turned around and gave Alvin a tight smile as he jogged to catch up with me.
"Hey, Alvin."
"Hi, Lynn."

We walked side-by-side in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence--- we were past that. It was more of a gentle, comforting silence. I took a deep breath of the summer air. It wasn't until I finally came to my senses that I realized Alvin had stopped walking. Turning around, I walked back to him.

"The boys dormitory is right here," he said. "So I should get going. I work late today." I nod slowly.
"I'll see you later then."
"Wait."

My heart began to beat one million miles per hour. Alvin stood in front of me, staring straight into my eyes with his own. He took one of my hands and laced our fingers together. He began to lean in, and I could smell his minty breath as his face came closer and closer to mine.

"Alvin, I-" his lips crashed onto mine, claiming dominance and with growing passion. His hands wrapped around my waist and pulled me against him. We stayed like that for a while, our lips moving together in sync. My heart threatened to beat out of my chest as I realized it was all too soon. Without thinking, I shoved him away.

"What are you DOING?!" I backed away from him.
"Well I-I thought," he stuttered, "Don't you like me?" he asked, his eyes wide. I facepalmed myself.
"Well, yes, but that's not how it works. I just met you, Alvin! You can't just kiss me like that!" a wolfish grin appeared on his face.

"Yeah, but I can't help it. Plus, admit it. You liked it, didn't you?" My face reddened with anger.

"You're not even taking me seriously! I'm not some toy! You know what Alvin? I'm done with you. Goodnight." His face fell and I saw hurt flash in his eyes. I swiftly turned around and marched back to my dorm.

"Wait, Lynn!" he called after me. "I'm sorry!" the begging in his voice made me want to turn back around and give him a big hug. "Please come back!" I continued walking until his last plead could be barely heard above the rising wind.

I slammed the door of the dorm and collapsed on the sofa. I cried; thick, hot tears spilling over my face and my nose running. I heard a table being pulled up to the couch. A plate full of noodles and chicken was slammed down on the table along with a fork. Evee crashed down on the chair next to me holding a very, very large knife.

"You tell me what happened right now or I will march after him and cut his manhood right off."

× drama llama! hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. it was hard to write anyway. but that's not important. what is important is

YOUR REACTION TO THE KISS?!??!?!?

you think Lynn with forgive Alvin? shoot your answer in the comments

you think Lynn with forgive Alvin? shoot your answer in the comments. I wonder what he'll do tomorrow?

tbc away!!!!!!!