slowly

I came back to the Eastern Health hospital for the 6th time this week, sitting with Lynn in quiet silence. I had continued on with school, but my grades had tremendously dropped since the incident.

After reading a part of her favorite book, Listen to The Wind, I gently got up, staring at her face once more. 

Without hesitating, I carefully climbed into the cot with her, making sure I didn't mess up the cords. I paid to keep her on life support for a maximum of two years. After the time was up, they would have no choice. I snuggled closer to her, breathing in her comforting scent.

Oh, Lynn. Please come back to me...

I flopped onto my small bed, my face numb from crying. I knew I should get up and do something- I'd locked myself inside my dormroom only going out when school started. My roommate was worried about me, it seemed. He'd gone on vacation and called me at least 12 times this week.

A tiny glimmer of hope blossomed inside of me. That was it! I could go on a vacation and take my mind off of Lynn.

In minutes, I was stuffing clothes into a bag and and rushing out the door. Since summer break started in the next week or so, I could just get an early start.

I flew out the dormitory, a wave of wind and heat blasting my face. Hope bounced around me as I started the car.

I turned the radio down as I neared my destination.

A large, white hotel stood infront of me. I was surprised I had scraped together enough pocket money to afford a week here.

A beautiful lake laid infront of the building, the water glittering like diamonds.

I quickly found a parking spot and got out my car, entering the luxurious hotel

The lobby itself was an amazing sight.

Two long, black staircases led to the rooms above. Mine was near the top floor, so I checked in and hauled my bags into my room.

A simple white and brown bed and furniture were laid out, along with a glass door that showed the brilliant balcony outside. I set my bags down and began to unpack.

After unpacking, I took a scratch piece of paper and wrote down what I would do for the next 7 days. When I was done, I stepped back and looked over my list.

I would take my mind off Lynn for a week. I would recover.

I woke up the next morning, feeling a little better. Climbing of bed, I threw on my swimming trunks and a shirt.

I headed downstairs to get breakfast from the hotel's cafeteria. The strong smell of waffles, eggs, and bacon led me to the lunch line. I collected my food and headed to a small table.

Within seconds of eating my waffles, a short, blonde haired girl abruptly sat down in the chair in front of me. I raised an eyebrow, slowly chewing the bit of waffle still in my mouth.