moving on

( 6 Days Later )

I buttoned up my suit, checking if my tie was perfect and smoothing my hair. Stacy and I were officially dating, and I was leaving early in the morning tomorrow. We decided to go to one of the fanciest resturaunts you could find as a 4th date, and go for icecream after. I went down to the lobby and stepped outside, watching Stacy dramatically twirl infront of me.

I tried not to grimace as I walked towards her, wrapping my hands around her waist and kissing her forehead

"You look..."

Awful.

"...Amazing, Stacy!"
She batted her long, fake eyelashes at me and smiled.
"You look hot too!" We climbed in my car and drove to the reasturant, soon pulling up to the fancy building. I stepped out the car, heading towards the reasturant when I realized Stacy wasn't with me. She was still in the car waiting for the door to be opened for her. I lightly jogged back to the car and opened the door, internally scoffing.

"Thanks, babe!"
"Anything for you, darling."
She clung to me as we entered the reasturant. My eyes widened at the elegant cluster of tables and chairs, wonderful smells coming from the kitchen. A tall waitress led us to a table, placing down napkins, forks, and knives. She smiled warmly at us and took out her notepad.
"Are you guys ready to order drinks?"
I nodded, smiling back at her as I closed the drink menu.
"Yes, I'll have just water ple-"
"We'll both have the red wine!" Stacy snapped, squinting her eyes at the waitress. "And stop flirting with my man! He's all mine!" She pursed her lips. The waitress shook her head vigorously.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't flirting with him! I was just trying to be ni-" Stacy rudely rolled her eyes.
"Just get us our drinks!" The waitress hurried off, blinking her eyes rapidly. I didn't say anything, I just stared at the menu, my mind racing.

"Get me the grilled squid!" I looked up at Stacy who was showing me a picture of a grilled squid on a platter, covered with onions, tomatoes, and garlic. My eyes flicked towards the price.
"Stacy, look how expensive that is... What about the sirloin steak?" Stacy looked at me with a dumbfounded expression on her face.
"Babe!" she said, slightly raising her voice. "Are you being serious right now? If I say I want the squid, you get me the squid! Who do you think you are?" Before she could carry on, I put my hand over hers.
"Of course baby, I'm sorry."

The waitress came back with an apologetic expression on her face, clearly having heard the conversation. She set the glasses of wine on the table, once more taking out her notepad.
"Ready to order?" she asked, not meeting my gaze. Stacy stuck her nose in the air.

"Duh, I mean, clearly. Are you stupid or something? We'll have the grilled squid please. Extra onions." I couldn't stop myself from wrinkling my nose.
"Baby, can we not get extra onions? You know how I don't like them." Stacy didn't even look at me, just continued on talking.
"And go ahead and fetch the entire bottle of red wine! I don't want to keep asking you for refills. Alvin, I don't care what you don't like. This night is about me!"

I sighed, running my hands through my hair.
"Yes, of course, Stacy. I'm sorry." The waitress left again, leaving me alone with Stacy. She looked at me, expecting me to say something. When I didn't she began to talk.
"Ever had a girlfriend before?" she asked, sipping from her wine. Heartbreak seized my heart, and I knew I had to tell her about Lynn.

"Stacy, there's something I have to tell you." She glanced at me with a bored expression on her face.
"Well get on with it!"
"Stacy, I have a girlfriend already." Stacy blinked, her expression never changing.
"What?"
"But... She's dead."
"What?" she repeated, clearly confused.

"Her name is Lynn. She got hit by a car and she's brain dead now. Even though she's still breathing, the doctors still pronounced her dead." Stacy's mouth hung slightly open.
"Why didn't you tell me this before?" Anger burned in her eyes, and before I could react, Stacy leaned over the table and sharply slapped me across the face. My head tilted to the side with impact.

Stacy grimaced at me, her eyes narrowed with a small tab of regret.

I slowly turned to face her, a small red mark appearing on my cheek where she had slapped me.

"Sorry," I said, rubbing my cheek. "I'll do better."

( 2 Hours Later )

We drove to the hotel in silence, regret boiling in my veins. I had told Stacy she could come back with me. Where she would stay, I didn't know. She leaned against my shoulder, lightly snoring.

What did I get myself into?

×

EVERYTHING ALVIN! You got yourself into EVERYTHINGGG

Isn't Stacy just so rude? If she slapped me she would have caught these hands smh
Vote if you liked this chapter! Once again, this series will be coming to an end very soon :((
Sorry if this chapter was kinda short and eh :/ I'm really busy but imma keep trying to update :) . thanks for all the recent reads!!

tbc away!!!!!!!