betrayal

I sat snuggled up against the couch, flicking through Netflix shows with my TV remote. It was a Friday night, and as much as I wanted to see Alvin, he was "with friends". I felt stung. Wasn't I his friend? Didn't he want to spend time with me?

I shook my head. He can't spend every minute with me, I reassured myself. I'm sure he's having having fun.

A loud knock on the dormroom door interrupted my happy thoughts. I looked at the clock. Ten thirty. "Who could be knocking on the door at an hour like thi-"
"IT'S EVEE! OPEN UP!"
Oh.

I reluctantly swung open the door, seeing a scantily dressed Evee.
"Where are you going?" I asked, dramatically looking her up and down.
"It's we, Lynn. Where are we going. And we're going clubbing!" I rolled my eyes at her.
"I don't go clubbing, Evee."
"Not until now you don't!" She shoved herself through the door, dragging me by the arm to her room. I didn't try and get out of it, I knew there was no chance of having a quiet Friday night.

She opened her closet and displayed a row of tiny skirts and dresses. "Take your pick!"
I nearly laughed out loud.
"I think I have something suitable for clubbing in my closet!" I said, pushing my way through the door. I heard her scoff behind me.

Closing my door, I picked out a frilly, blue dress and put it on. I loved the way it fit, not showing too much. I hung a diamond necklace around my throat, and applied some blue eyeshadow and a wing of eyeliner. I stepped out to see Evee gaping in the doorway.

She looked at me as if I had eight arms, then burst out laughing

"Oh my gosh, Lynn! We're going clubbing, not to church!" I rolled my eyes and didn't say anything. She held up a finger as to say, 'wait here' then dashed into her room.

She came back later with what looked like clothes for a Barbie. It was a black clubbing dress with a few mesh parts in middle. In the other hand she held lace up heels which looked to me like 6 inches. (I didn't wear heels often.) and on her head, yes, on her head, she was balancing a makeup bag.
She threw all of them at me, even the makeup bag and said,
"Five minutes, stat. For the make-up, do a thick smoky eye with a nude pink lipstick. Contouring on the heavy."

I looked at her like she just killed my entire family. "Go!" she shouted, starting the timer on her phone. I dashed into the bathroom, throwing off my baby Jesus clothes and slipping on the skin-tight dress. I laced up the heels and caked my face, putting jewelry around my neck and wrists. I lightly curled my hair faster than I ever had before. I stepped out of the bathroom just as soon a the timer went off and saw a woman standing at the door. She looked like a model. Her ombre hair was curly and her dress beautifully fit her, matching all her curves and- is that me?

Evee suddenly popped up from behind the large mirror. "Surprised?"

I weakly nodded, still shocked at how different I looked. I looked at her and gave her an excited smile.
"Thanks, Evee! I look hot!"
"I know. Now lets go clubbing!"