easter · part I

It was here. Skyline University's first annual Easter egg hunt! Evee and I paced around the dormroom, consulting on what to wear and giggling about how we used to do this as a kid. Checking the time, I headed into my bedroom to get ready.
"The hunt starts at one," I said, trying to put on a frilly flowered dress. 
Evee barged into my room,  ignoring the fact that I was still half naked.
"Its 12:50!"
"Exactly, and I'm trying to change here!" Evee and I decided to match, so we were both wearing the same dress and same glossy, cyan flats.

I snagged my purse and basically barged out the door with Evee, making sure the bottom of the dress didn't bounce up and show more than it was supposed to

I thought it was honestly too short, but Evee insisted. We ran  across the college courtyard, sprinting like Usain Bolt to get to the main hall.
"There it is!" Evee cried. We bolted through the doors, resulting in a few stares. "We made it!" she put her hands on her knees, panting like a wild dog. I giggled and lightly flicked her shoulder. I glanced towards the large crowd of people gathered around Mr. Curtis - he was in charge of the Easter egg hunt.
"The rules are simple. There are approximately 12000 Easter eggs spread across the entire campus. 3 of which that are gold." He waited patiently as the shuffling crowd quieted down.

"In each of the gold eggs, there will be a surprise. One of the surprises are five hundred dollars!" he bellowed onto the crowd, emphasizing the last three words. The crowd gasped, giving eachother awed stares.

It was hard to imagine, really. A bunch of 18-22 year Olds running around to look for a $500 egg. I spotted Alvin in the crowd along with his friend Max. I lightly tapped him on the shoulder.
"Wanna team up with Evee and I?" Alvin looked at me, a smile playing on his lips.
"I'd love to."

We chatted for a while longer as Evee and Max flirted in the corner. Alvin rustled in his pockets and pulled out a map.
"Its a map of the campus," he said, his eyes twinkling. "There are a few hidden spots where I think they would've hid at least one of the golden eggs."

A small siren sounded, signaling the begin of the hunt. I glanced towards Evee. Her arm was hooked around Max's and they were strolling out of the building. Alvin must've seen the disappointment in my face because he suggested we go together. We collected our large, woven baskets and headed to the main courtyard.

We found a bunch of colored eggs around the water fountain, none of which were gold. It was the first place to look on Alvin's map.

I peered in the pretty blue water of the fountain. A small object glittered lightly against the suns harsh glare.
"Alvin! I think that's a golden egg!"

He dashed over from the rock he was looking under and came by my side.
"What? Already? Where? I guess my map was effective, then."
I pointed to the egg, it was lodged underneath a sea of pennies and small rocks.
"How are we supposed to get that?" I whined, slightly pouting. Without hesitating, Alvin leapt into the huge fountain, water splashing all around him.

"Alvin!" I laughed, shielding my face from the soaring droplets.
"Sorry," he chuckled. I watched him stick his hand under something and pull out a golden egg. I leapt up and down, clapping my hands excitedly.
"What a good start!" I squealed

Alvin stepped out of the water, his shoes dripping. He ran over to hug me, but a small puddle of water caused him to fumble, fall, and drop the egg. "Oh my gosh! Ate you okay?" I said, helping him up. He gave me a full dimpled grin.

"Yeah, but how embarrassing- hey, that's ours!" I turned to the voice Alvin was talking to and saw the egg lying at Alex's feet, him bending down to pick it up. He lifted it up and looked straight at me, tilting his chin up to the sky. Scabbed cuts, faded bruises and scars decorated his face, bringing back the history of that fateful pizza night.
"Finders keepers," he said, winking at me. "Which is why I wish I found you first, babe."

× yo yo yo guys! whats up? I haven't updated in a bit so here you go. as many of you know, tomorrow is Easter and normally on Easter many people have the whole "Easter egg hunt" thing. I decided to put it in my story because I thought it was a cool idea. oh, by the way. do you guys think Alex is cute or creepy? Tell me what you guys think and I'll try and update again tommorow.
No gif today :((

tbc away!!!!!!!