Daisy's Birthday

"Open it darling," Anna coaxed. Dudley, Anna, and Poppy sat in a circle on the floor around the living room. They were all facing Daisy, who sat facing one last present, the rest lay behind her with the wrapping paper cast to the side.

I hope I got her enough Dudley thought. He had decided not to bury her in gifts as he had been at her age. Although it was great at the time, he had come to realize that it hadn't helped his character to be spoiled. He and Anna had however, gotten her her most-requested gift, and was slightly nervous about her new responsibilities.

Dudley watched as Daisy tore the paper off the small box. Her eyes widened, and she squealed, "Thank you!" as she ran at him and tackled him with a hug. She then went back and opened the box, who's cover showed a life-sized picture of her new smartphone. Poppy was already helping her older sister by reading the instructions out loud while Daisy followed them to set up her account.

Dudley was relieved. Of course, getting her such an expensive present would make up for the fact that there were no where near 30 of them. Now he only had to tell her about all the rules that came with having the phone. Wouldn't that be fun?

"Great, is that all? Can I go now?" Daisy asked, her feet sliding towards her bedroom door.

"One last thing," her dad said. "No texting or calling anyone but me and mum past 8:30."

"Really?"

"Yes really, or we'll be returning that phone."

Daisy sighed. "Okay, sure." She would find a way to increase the time somehow. She was just heading up the stairs when the doorbell rang. It was probably someone selling something, she thought. Who else could it be? Grandma Petunia and Grandpa Vernon had stopped by earlier.All the same, she decided to open the door. Maybe her dad would buy her some cookies or popcorn or something.

She peered outside using the small window beside the door. It wasn't a sales person. It was an old woman she had never seen before.Daisy backed away. "Daddy?" she called."I'm- oof - right here," Dudley said as Daisy backed into him.

He stepped around her and unlocked the door. Daisy stood curiously behind him. People just didn't come and randomly knock on peoples door on their birthday, it could be another surprise. Then someone stepped out from behind the woman. "Uncle Harry!" Daisy exclaimed gleefully.

The look on Dudley Dursley's face showed that he had the exact opposite response to seeing his cousin. His face paled and he asked, "Please say it's just be a coincidence that you came on Daisy's 11th birthday?"

"He could say that, but I'm sure you would rather not be lied to under these circumstances. May we come in?"

Daisy looked from Harry to the woman. Why was it she was in charge? Why was she even here? Why did her father look so fearful?

"You might as well let us in Dudley," Harry said. "We're going to come in anyway."

Dudley reluctantly opened the door to them. Daisy still had no idea what was going on, and why her dad wouldn't want Uncle Harry in the house. She followed behind the train of people heading to the living room. Ahead of her, Anna, her mum, and Poppy, her sister had joined. Poppy was hopping up and down next to Harry, using all her control not to ask any questions.

Once everyone was seated, centered around herself and her parents Daisy noticed, Harry handed her a letter. Daisy skimmed along the words in the letter. "Dear Miss Dursley... You have been accepted... Hogwarts... witchcraft and wizardry... September 11th..."

"What does it mean?" Daisy asked. It could be a fun amusement park with magic shows she thought. It would be just like her parents to surprise her like that.

"It means just what it says Miss Dursley," said the woman. Professor Mcgonagall Daisy said to herself. "You have apparently inherited a bit from the magical side of your family. You are a Witch. You are invited to attend Hogwarts."

Daisy stared for a while. Everyone else stared back with serious faces. Then she burst out laughing. "You guys are so funny! Did you actually believe I would fall for that? What is this letter really for? An amusement park? A free ice cream? What?"Then Harry spoke before she could go on.

"We're telling the truth Daisy. Not one person in this room is joking, although I would be glad to get you a free ice cream as a birthday present. Haven't you ever done anything strange? Something that shouldn't be possible, but yet it was when you were experiencing a strong emotion? Think about it for a minute.

Daisy thought about it, and she found she could think of several odd situations. Then she spaced out of her living room and went for a trip down memory lane.

Reviews please! You can still send suggestions for staff appointments. Thanks for reading!