Muggle Thoughts

Daisy lay on her back on her bed, covers still neatly folded underneath her. Her hand lay over each other against her chest holding her phone. The phone that she wouldn't be able to use until 8:30 each evening. She'd only get to use it on weekends, it seemed.

Daisy didn't understand how she could have known the Potters for years and not know they had magical powers. Had they really done so much to keep it from her? Why? Her parents knew, what had been the big deal about her and Poppy knowing?

And then there was Hogwarts itself. Who would want to go to a school at a place that was literally named after a warty hog? And their motto is just stupid – I mean, 'Do not tickle a sleeping dragon? What kind of motto is that? She thought.

Just then her new phone buzzed.

"Hey Dais, just got your text! Can't believe you finally got a phone."

"Me too." Daisy texted back. How was she supposed to tell Emma that she wouldn't be texting her that often, or going to school with her without giving too much away?

"Can't wait to see you when school starts. I haven't seen you all summer!"

"I know, I hope I'll see you too, but I'm not going to be going to Smeltings this year. New plans."

"WHAT? We've been planning for our new school practically our whole lives! What about school shopping together? And why did you suddenly decide not to come?"

"We can still go school shopping together. I'll still need notebooks and stuff, just not the uniform."

"Well, at least I'll see you then. But you avoided the second question. Where are u going to school then, and why did you change?"

"I'm going to some boarding school my cousins suggested to my parents. Apparently everyone on that side of the family has gone there and loved it. It wasn't really my choice to go there – I'm just getting sent there." Daisy hoped that would be enough detail for the moment. She crossed her fingers for no more school questions.

"Well, you'd better come back for holidays or I'm gonna be really mad." Is all she said in response. "I've got to go. Ttyl." and she was gone.

Daisy sighed and flopped back onto her pillow. Her room was large, with a queen sized bed all to herself. All the furnishings, the bed covers, the curtains, and the desk chair were all bright green, with highlights of yellow. Above the desk to the right of her bed were bookshelves, half full with books. Or, as Daisy liked to think about it, half empty, waiting for new stories to fill them. Maybe some would be written by Poppy someday. Her sister was an aspiring writer, even at age 9.

"I wonder if Lily has a phone," Daisy murmured to herself. Then she could ask her cousin all about Hogwarts. Surely, she would have answers for Daisy's many questions. She would ask her dad tomorrow she decided.

Sorry this chapter is so short! My more recent chapters are longer, this one is kind of old I guess. 

Comments?

Would you be willing to sacrifice muggle electronics, and your muggle friends to go to Hogwarts?