f r i d a y , m a r c h 1 9 t h

DAY 19
IRIS

I walked to lunch alone for the first time in almost a month, my headphones plugged in and All Time Low blaring through them.

Calum had come into school late today, so I hadn't seen him at all yet. He came sometime during his second class, which I knew was photography. Usually after photography he meets me at my class to walk to lunch together, like he does with every other class, but he texted me and said to meet him at lunch because he had to check in with Mr. Brown and get the literature work that he missed.

He was up late the night before and had just decided to sleep in, leaving me alone in homeroom and literature. And I was dead tired and wanted someone warm to lean on in homeroom for a quick nap. Didn't happen.

We were up until 2:30 Skyping Charlie and Ashton, which seemed like a fun idea at first, but now that I was here at school and running on less than four hours of sleep it wasn't.

So I trudged into the cafeteria, decided I wasn't hungry, and walked to the table.

Charlie took her seat next to me and immediately put her head down, and when Ashton finally showed up he did the exact same thing.

"You three look like you're about to pass out," Michael chuckles.

"We are," Ashton whines. "We were all up really late talking on Skype. Calum was too, that's why he came in late today. He wanted to sleep in, and his parents don't care."

"Maybe don't do that next time," Luke snorts, shoving a bunch of fries into his mouth. He then grabs a packet of ketchup off of his tray, rips it open, and tries to squirt it into his mouth with the fries. Keyword: tries.

It ends up completely missing his mouth and gets on his chin before dripping down onto his white shirt. Luke just kind of looks down at it for a few seconds before sighing and attempting to fix the mess with a napkin, but ending up putting his sweatshirt on.

"Maybe don't do that next time," I mock teasingly.

He rolls his eyes as all of us laugh, Calum claiming his seat in the midst of the situation and wrapping one arm around me.

"What's so funny?" He furrows his eyebrows, leaning over to kiss my cheek as Luke scoffs.

"If you had been here on time you would know." Michael narrows his eyes. They're mad at Calum for sleeping in. They didn't even have him in their first two classes, it didn't affect them at all. "You should've come to school on time and dealt with being tired just like the three of them did. You're not special, Calum."

The brown eyed boy sighs and decides not to say anything about it, which is probably for the best. Whenever he tries to stand up for himself things just get worse.

Over the course of this month, I'd seen him try it a few times. And I'd made the mistake of doing it for him a few times. The boys just get worse to him for a while in private after.

"Are you two still coming to the party tonight?" Charlie hums, looking toward Calum and I for clarification.

"Yeah, we'll be there." He grins.

I had agreed only because Charlie asked, and Calum was very excited to go since he hadn't been to one in almost an entire month, so he didn't need convincing.

The rest of lunch is just them all talking about past parties, and how stupid they get when they're drunk. I don't understand the appeal of getting shit-faced, it just doesn't seem like fun to be like that.

Calum had told me that he planned on making me drinks tonight, which I protested, but I lost the argument. If worst comes to worst I'll just dump them out with he isn't looking or something. I'll drink a bit, but I really don't wanna get drunk off my ass. I never had been before, and I didn't plan to do so tonight.