s u n d a y , a p r i l 1 8 t h

AFTER
IRIS

I hummed and took my popcorn up to my room, lying down in my bed and watching Supernatural in my dark room. Probably not the best idea since I got paranoid, but I don't really care.

This Sunday was being spent just like the last two: binge watching tv shows in the dark and eating snacks all day.

That's pretty much how all of my time was spent now. There was really nothing else to do when I wasn't at school, and it's not like I had anyone to hangout with. My life was back to normal. Except for the people at school who suddenly wanted to talk to me.

Charlie and I had hung out a few times, but she spent most of her time with her boyfriend. Who I had also hung out with a couple of times. On occasion I'd be with all of them, minus Calum, but usually just Charlie and I. And Charlie and I had only hung out maybe four times, usually just for an hour or two after school.

It got kind of boring and repetitive, but I didn't exactly mind it. I liked sitting in my dark room.

Now, it was early afternoon, but I had a blackout curtain. Which was pretty much all I needed in here besides Netflix and food.

Though, as my phone lit up with Charlie's name, it kind of excited me. Getting out of the house was still more enjoyable than locking myself in and avoiding my brother. So I answered the phone with a grin.

"Hey, Iris! Are you busy?" Charlie asks hopefully.

"No, what'd you have in mind?" I hum, already looking through my closet. I knew it was hot today. Like, really hot. My AC was on high and it still wasn't that cool in my room. So if I was leaving my house I'd have to dress light. I would go out in what I'm wearing, but that probably wouldn't be smart. It's just boy shorts and a bra.

"Do you wanna meet the boys and I for pizza in twenty? At Michael's?" Michael's was a pizza place- not Michael Clifford's home.

"That sounds great! I'll see you guys then. Bye, Charlie!" I was very excited to be getting out of the house.

As I was sorting through the clothes Charlie had picked out for me, I stumbled upon a white crop top with a yellow smiley face and a pair of black, frayed high waisted shorts.

This is perfect. Light, cool, and cute.

I showered when I woke up this morning, so my hair was fine. I just slipped into the clothes and found a pair of white converse to go with them. Since Michael's was close, I had extra time.

Putting on some makeup seems like a nice idea. I usually don't wear much; some mascara and maybe some lip gloss is all I really need. And coverup for bags.

So I decided on a pink shadow, thin top liner, mascara, and nude, matte lipstick. I was actually feeling good about myself today. It was really great to think I looked nice, to think of myself as more than just an average girl. Man, I had never really noticed before, but I had curves. And I liked them.

On my walk, I had my headphones in of course. But I was there a few minutes early and decided to wait in the air conditioned pizza place. They all stumbled in just a few minutes later, and everything was fine until I saw Calum.

Everything I had previously felt, the confidence, all of it, went out the window.

"Damn, Iris!" Michael laughs, jokingly wrapping an arm around me. Calum scoffs and removed his sunglasses.

He just stands there and watches everything from the sidelines. It doesn't seem like they told him I'd be here. One thing I noticed, and was confused about, was his wide eyes as he looked at me. But I definitely wasn't going to ask him what was up.