t u e s d a y , a p r i l 6 t h

AFTER
IRIS

I let out a small sigh as I scrolled through shows on Netflix. I had finished binge watching The Office, and now I was disappointedly looking for a new show to binge.

If I'm being honest, this break was going by painstakingly slow. I was bored out of my mind. It's not that I wanted to be at school, but I didn't necessarily want to be at home either.

There was just absolutely nothing to do. My brother finally got a day job, so he wasn't home all day anymore. That was the only plus about this.

Charlie stayed home sick from school today, so we had been texting. That was probably the most exciting thing that had happened to me since the pep rally on April fools day. I was really grateful for Charlie, because since then she had acted like nothing was different. She actually been talking to me a bit more than she used to.

After ten minutes of scrolling through shows, I decided to start watching Supernatural. Everyone said it was good, so why not?

While the episode is getting extremely intense, someone knock on my door.

With a groan, I pause the show and lazily walk toward the door. I have a feeling I know who it is.

"Iris!" Calum grins and lets himself in. Of course it's him. "I was bored and everyone else is at school so I thought I'd come and hangout with you." Wow, Calum, really? That's so fucking thoughtful.

Glad to know that I was literally his only option left, considering all of the people he considers his friends are busy at school.

I just shake my head at him and cross my arms, watching as he just dig through my fridge and cabinets to get a drink and a snack, like he lives here.

"You should leave."

"W-what? Why, Iris?" He purses his lips and looks to me. "Is this because I didn't sit with you in classes on Friday? Are you really gonna be mad at me about that? It's not like you sat with me at lunch, it's a two way street."

"I didn't sit with you at lunch because after you dropped me off at my house on Thursday you didn't speak to me once. You didn't even acknowledge my existence." I accuse. Maybe I was overreacting, and I wouldn't really care this much usually, but he hadn't spoken to me in almost a week. Thursday was the last time, and it was now Tuesday. Not a hey in the hallway on Friday, and not a text back either. He acted like he didn't know me.

"It was one day, Iris. I hadn't sat with any of my friends in a month, sorry I didn't sit with you." Calum scoffs.

"Yeah, well what about every other day after that where you ignored me completely?" I laugh bitterly. "You didn't answer any texts, or respond when I asked if you wanted to hangout, or even think about opening my messages. I didn't get anything from you."

"Well sorry I have other friends!" He groans, hands slamming into my counter.

"I don't care if you have other friends, but a text back would've been nice. Even if it was just you telling me you were busy." I spit, shaking my head at him.

This is exactly what I knew would happen. This is why getting close was a bad idea. Because I should've known better. I said this was going to happen early on, but I let my guard down and became friends with him. And I'll never forgive myself for that, or him for being such an ass.

"Oh my god, you're such a girl." Calum snickers. "I'm here now, trying to hangout with you. Get a clue,"

"That's not the point, Calum! The point is that you forgot I existed until you were bored and everyone else was busy." I sigh. He just doesn't get it. "I want you to leave. It was stupid of me to ever think we were friends."