s a t u r d a y , d e c e m b e r 1 8 t h

BONUS
IRIS

A content sigh left my lips, the sight of my parents house in view. I finally had a few weeks at home. More importantly, I had a few weeks where everyone would be home. That meant all of my friends- excluding my new college friends- in one place until after New Years. And that meant time with Calum.

I was just excited to be home in general. With my parents, friends, and boyfriend all in a five mile radius.

Everything looked pretty much the same in the streets of my hometown, and at my house. The outside hadn't changed practically at all. Just a wreath on the front door. My parents weren't very big on decorating.

With a smile, I grabbed my bag and walked up the front door. I almost knocked, but then I remembered it was my house, so I just walked in.

"I'm home!" I shout with a smile, hearing my parents in the kitchen.

"Iris! We're so glad you're here!" The two rush over to greet me with hugs. Normally on weekends they'd be gone, but around the holidays they stay home. "We haven't heard much from you since you started college."

"Sorry about that, I've been a little busy." I laugh, shaking my head and following the scent of sugar cookies.

"I made those less than an hour ago, just for you." My mother tells me with a smile. Her sugar cookies are to die for. "How've you been, dear?"

After about half an hour of talking about college, I gather up a few still warm cookies.

"I'm gonna take these with me to Calum's house." I hum, placing them in a ziplock bag and calling it good. "I'll probably be home sometime tonight, if not I'll text you. I love you guys,"

"Already rushing off to see your boyfriend?"

"I wanna walk over and wait for him to get home so I can surprise him." The two roll their eyes at me but fond smiles sit on their faces. "I'll see you later,"

I slip on Calum's flannel and wave as I walk out of the house and take the familiar side roads to Calum's. I could've taken my car, but he would've seen it in his driveway and known I was inside waiting for him. I just wanted to be there to surprise him the second he walked through the door. And with cookies.

Plus, I used 'Find My Friends' on my phone and it said he was about 20 minutes away. It was about a 10 minute walk, maybe slightly more, so it would be perfect timing. I'd be there for a few minutes before him, maybe talk to his family if they're around, and wait.

Since I have a key, I just let myself in; that's something Calum and I did quite often before college.

"Calum?" Mali calls out. "Is that yo- oh! Hey! Calum isn't here yet,"

"I know, I wanted to surprise him." I laugh, following her to the kitchen, where she tells me to sit and offers me a glass of lemonade. "Anyone else home?"

"Just me," she sighs with a shrug. "I'm actually only here because it's Christmastime, but of course the place is empty. Not even Ellie to talk to, parents gave her the rest of the year off."

"Well that was nice of them,"

"I'm actually gonna head out and visit some old friends for a while. Mind telling Calum I love him?"

"Got it, have fun," I wave as she leaves. That leaves me, waiting for Calum. But the app says he's less than five minutes away, so I'll probably see him very soon.

I entertain myself by drinking lemonade and staring at the cookies I brought for him. They're just so good, I could eat the amount it would take to fill this house. In one sitting. They're my little addiction.

"I'm home!" Calum shouts before letting out a sigh. "Of course. It's great to see you guys too, I missed you." He mutters, kicking his shoes off and rounding the corner before seeing me sitting on his countertop with a smile. "Baby! What're you doing on my counter?"

"Seats are for chumps," I shrug, reaching out for him. "Come give me a kiss you dork,"

Calum obliges almost instantly, having me wrap my legs around his waist during the kiss. "God I missed you." He smiles into the kiss.

"I missed you too, but I'd like to get down now," I giggle, squirming in his grip until he places me on the floor. I saw him two weekends ago, yes, but this is much better. It's the first time since college started that we have more than a day and a half together too. And it feels really nice already. "Oh! Mali was here, but she had plans. She wanted me to tell you that she loves you. I assume she'll be back later, but she didn't say."

"Is Ellie here?" Calum hums.

"Nope, your parents gave her the rest of the year off." I grin, taking another sip of my lemonade. "I don't know where they are though."

"And that means it's just gonna be us for a few hours." He smirks, expression not changing when I cross my arms and narrow my eyes at him. He always has been a cocky son of a bitch. "Let's go,"

Before I can say anything, he scoops me up bridal style and walks away. "Ca- where are we going?!" I groan loudly but don't attempt to get him to let go of me. "Wait! The cookies! And my lemonade," I whine.

"Those can wait," my boyfriend shrugs, tossing me onto his bed. "I want cuddles and a nap."

"That's not what I was expecting, but I can do that." He chuckles and plays music quietly before lying down with me, strong arms making me feel safe and at home. This is probably what I've missed most in our time apart; just the little things that we do- or don't do. Spending time together and doing absolutely nothing.

A/N

This is just a cute lil scene. If I were to do this as a full chapter it would be vvvvvvv long, but I just wanted to give y'all the cutest and most important scene.

There isn't much left for bonus scenes that I want to include in here, meaning that this story is about to be finished ;(

I'm too lazy to come up with a real question so, thoughts?

I took a nap today but I'm still super tired I honestly don't understand. All I've done is watch supernatural on Netflix (ps-angels are dicks.)

Merry Christmas though ;))

^ I have no idea if this is gonna go up around Christmas time or not. I started writing it on April 17th, yesterday, and now it's technically April 19th bc it's past midnight, but it's put me in a Christmas mood. I'm listening to Christmas music in the middle of the night in April 2017

Anyway, I'm tired as fuck so gn y'all