s u n d a y , n o v e m b e r 1 4 t h

BONUS
IRIS

"You sure you have to leave?" Trent pouts, his arm wrapped tightly around me. "We were gonna go get pizza from Joe's, come with. It'll be fun! It's still early,"

It was about 5:45, so yeah I guess it was pretty early, but I wanted to get back to my dorm.

"Sorry, maybe I'll eat shitty pizza with you guys next time." I laugh and shake my head. Michael, David, and Trent all let out groans. "I'm gonna go home and relax a bit. I hangout with you guys all the time, I think you'll be okay without me tonight."

"Yeah, but we're already down Sam and Luke! It's not like we have backup friends," David frowns. "That would actually be a horrible thing. We're never gonna have backup friends. But we can't be down 50% of our group, we need you. Just come out for pizza and then go back to your dorm?"

"I have to be back by six," I hum.

"Oh, she's ditching us for her boyfriend." Michael raises his eyebrows. At least he caught on. "I guess that's acceptable. But you owe us a pizza night,"

"Alright, sometime soon. I gotta go, I'll see you guys." Michael and David both give me quick hugs, Trent doing the same and kissing my cheek before letting me walk away from them.

A small huff leaves my lips as I enter my dorm room, finding it empty. Sam was out with Luke right now, which just left me here.

That was perfect though. Calum and I were going to FaceTime and watch a movie and talk. We'd both been busy for a while, so we hadn't seen each other for a few weeks. Next weekend I was driving down to visit him, but these few weeks were long, busy, and we didn't get to talk as much during it. I missed him.

I knew my friends actually didn't mind too much. We hang out constantly, and they understood that I talked to Calum pretty much every chance I got these days.

Speak of the devil, my phone buzzes right as I slip off my shoes.

"Hey," I smile and answer the FaceTime call. "Perfect timing. I just got back from hanging out with Michael, David, and Trent."

"You were with Trent?" Calum groans. He's not exactly all the fond of the boy, but that's only because we're close and Trent is affectionate. He gets jealous. "You know how I feel about him."

"Calum, we're friends." I giggle quietly and lie down on my bed. "He's like that with all of us. Even Michael. I don't get why it's such a big deal, but it's cute how jealous he makes you." Calum just rolls his eyes at me and pops in a pair of his earbuds. "Which movie are we watching this time?"

//

As the credits of the second movie roll Calum yawns, in turn making me yawn. It isn't very late, but we've both been busy lately, so we're both pretty tired.

The two of us sit in silence for a few minutes. We don't bother to pick out another movie or get up and make more popcorn. It's just us sitting over the phone and saying absolutely nothing.

I can't tell what he's thinking about, but I just think about us. I love him with everything in me. He's the only person I've ever been in love with. He's the only person I've ever dated. What a great story that would be to tell to kids and grandkids, right?

"Iris?" Calum asks quietly. I just give a hum in response, still coming back from where I was dazing out. "I really miss you."

"I miss you too, Cal. But we're gonna see each other next weekend."

"I know, I know. It's just so hard sometimes. It's so hard to be away from you." He mumbles, chewing on his bottom lip. "It's not fair. We aren't even that far away but I can't handle it."

"You're right, it's not fair. But we can do it, Cal. I'm just a phone call or a rushed three hour drive away." Calum had been getting really sad again lately, and I could tell it was about more than just the distance between us. Of course that couldn't help, but he was obviously stressed out. I was hoping that was it and that family stuff wasn't happening again too. It had been better for a while, since Calum wasn't home. "I miss you a lot too. So much that it hurts. But we're making this work."

"You always know what to say," Calum chuckles softly. I'd learned how to calm him down for the most part. "Can we please try to talk more? I think it'll help."

"Of course, Cal. And- hey, I don't have any class until two tomorrow. If you want, I could drive over to see you right now."

"You don't have to do that, Iris." He shakes his head. "I'll see you this weekend. I'm not gonna make you drive three and a half hours to spend less than twelve hours here. I'll be okay."

"It wasn't just for you, I miss you, y'know." I roll my eyes with a laugh. "But alright. This weekend. But you have to stay on FaceTime with me all night, is that a deal?"

"Deal."

A/N

this is just a short scene but it's uber cute