s u n d a y , a p r i l 2 5 t h

AFTER
IRIS

Wiping away my tears, I logged off of Netflix. I'd been watching a lot of Supernatural today, and it made me cry a lot, and I needed a break. It was 2:30pm and that's all I'd done since about nine.

I left Calum's house early yesterday evening, when the three boys showed up to try and make amends. Calum told me things went nicely, and he seemed happy.

Now, he wasn't going to just give in and forget about everything they did to him, but he talked about how much he missed them and how this is what he'd been wishing for for years so he wanted to see how it played out. They each got a strike, and once they were used up Calum planned to be done with them.

It made me happy to see things looking up for Calum. He'd expressed to me that since we got close, he started to feel better. Obviously, because he was depressed, getting a girlfriend wasn't exactly going to fix him. What was helping was having someone to talk to, someone who showed that they cared about him. It wasn't the solution, but it was part of it. And now there were three more wanting to change things.

Personally, I was rooting for things to work out. Not only would it make Calum happy, but I feel like they all need each other.

A knock on the door ripped me from my thoughts and I furrowed my eyebrows. Nobody had told me they'd be coming over, and I was home alone so it wasn't for anyone else. Though, when I open the door to see Calum, it makes more sense.

The boy likes to pop by and surprise me a lot. Usually it worries me, because he never bothers to ask me if my brother is home. But I think he can tell by the empty driveway when it's okay to knock.

"Princess!" Calum grins, pulling me in for a kiss. "I brought you flowers. Got any popcorn?"

"Uh- what did you do to your-"

"Oh! Duh, the blonde streaks." He points to his hair excitedly. Upon his head of styled hair (for once), sits newly dyed blonde streaks. "Do you like them?"

"They look nice, babe." I smile, reaching up to run my fingers through them. When I suggested it, it need crossed my mind that he'd really do it. I definitely don't regret telling him though. "And thank you for the flowers. That's really sweet."

"You're a princess and you deserve to be treated like one. Now, popcorn." Calum chuckles.

"Why do you need my popcorn?" I scoff, grabbing a vase to keep the flowers in. I'll have to tell my nosy and bitchy brother I bought them myself because they were pretty.

"Because I believe we still have some Jurassic movies to watch. We only got through the first one over FaceTime."

"Alright, but we only have enough time to watch one." I laugh. I had completely forgotten about that, I didn't expect him to remember and insist that we finish them. The first one is the best though. "My brother will be home before we finish the another."

"I guess that's okay. We can try to watch one every week! Until we finish, then we start something new." Calum seems genuinely excited about this.

It's really cute that he's so excited about just watching movies and eating popcorn with me. Calum's like a little kid when he's happy and excited; his eyes light up and his smile spreads over his face and he can't keep himself from bouncing around a little bit and blabbering.

"Oh, and, we should make out."

I should've expected that. But his moods change so fast sometimes it gives me whiplash.

"What is your deal with wanting to make out all the time?" I snort, handing him the sugar for his popcorn. "Keep your dick in your pants and your tongue in your mouth."