Raimei Arrives Pt. 2

Raimei's POV

“Me gusta jugar basebol con mis perros. Le los saltos en el agua.” Thobari-sensei stood at the front of the class reading from a Spanish book. Miharu just stared boredly out the window and that girl, Monique, was besides him as always. So it appears that Miharu is pretending to be apathetic. A ninja's strength is never truly known until they are attacked. So he should have no problem avoiding these. I took out three sharpened pencils and threw them at the desk.

Monique's POV

I could feel some kind of malicious intent and suddenly three objects were hurled at the desk space in between me and Miharu. I moved his hand so that it wouldn't be hit and ended up getting scratched across the top on my left hand as three pencils impaled the desk. The boy who sits across the isle was a little freaked out and he looked around worriedly. I flinched and Miharu turned his gaze towards the desk. His eyes widened as he noticed the pencils and I quickly hid my hand under the desk.

“So slow!” I heard Raimei complain as she put a hand to her forehead. “Man he is really pathetic.”

Class ended soon and Raimei immediately came barging up to our desk. Leaning her weight forward on her hands she began to lecture Miharu. “Try to be aware of your surroundings! You're gonna have to learn to protect yourself. This is serious Miharu! Your life and the entire world could be in danger. There's no telling what kind of crazed attackers are out there hunting you down and you're not strong enough to fight them!” She slammed both her fists down on our desk. “Don't you think you should try to protect the hijutsu so that it doesn't end up in the wrong hands!”

“The power that can do anything,” Miharu turns to Raimei with an all knowing devious look on his face. “I get it now Raimei, you came here because you want the hijutsu. Am I right?”

She gets defensive and backs up, “Don't be ridiculous! I don't need some stupid ninjutsu to become stronger.”

“Hmm,” Miharu answers turning back towards the window. Raimei just walks away.

I am glad that is over. My hand has stopped bleeding, but it is still sensitive so I better be careful with it. It would be a good idea to hide it from Miharu too, so that he doesn't worry.

Raimei's POV
I walked towards Koichi who was seated at the back of the classroom. “ Koichi, does he always act like that? He is so apathetic.”

“Yeah,” he answers. “I like to think of Miharu as the master of indifference.”

“And what about that girl? She's quite but I saw her move him out of the way of my pencil attack. It is like she doesn't even notice if she herself is in danger.”

“Monique is like that. She is the kind of person that would rather die than let others get hurt. As for her and Miharu, they share a special bond that I don't think anyone else is capable of understanding. Those two go way back, and Miharu may be a master of indifference, but if you hurt her. Hell itself hath no greater fury.”

Well this just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

It was now lunchtime so I went to find Thobari-sensei. “Thobari-sensei, I am not so sure about this guy. Do you think that he should be trusted with the hijutsu!? Well!” I exclaimed.

Out of nowhere Thobari-sensei walks up and gives me a questioning gaze.”uh, Shimizu? Over here.”

I looked over and sure enough I had been interrogating the wrong guy, “ughhhhh.”