An interview to change everything.

The room is near to bursting, and seems so much smaller than what it did when I was up on the stage in my year. Me and Axel push our way through the throng of people congregating near the front seating, along the central mid-section are seats held off for all the districts faculties. Me and Axel take our seats which are thankfully dead centre and give us a clear view of the stage. We are the first row that is on a raised level and are very easy to see. As we weave our way along the bench I hear my name being screamed, in the nature of good will I turn and smile waving in the general direction of the screams, that's seem to be echoing.

'You're doing fine baby.' Axel breathes in my ear as we move along the row and fall into our seats where Finnick already sits. As I take my seat a long-stemmed flower appears in my lap as I'm met with an abundance of screams of my name which seem to merge together and make only sound. I smile and place the rose on my arm rest, turning to look at Finnick who despite everything has a smirk playing on his lips.

'Don't say a word!' I hiss.

'I wouldn't think of it.' He chuckles, which makes me smile despite myself.

People seem to be coming in from every direction, dressed in queer designs and quirky fashions. I supress my eye roll as a guy holding what looks like a minute camera leans over the bollards that separate our sitting area.

'Oh my god! I love you! I think your amazing, so brave and so gorgeous!' He whittles, with his heavy accent. 'Can I...will you...picture?' He stutters, smiling like a child.

'Sure.' I breathe, the guy passes Axel the camera and leans even more precariously over the bollard so that his face is pressed into mine- with sigh I smile widely as axel presses a tiny switch and the camera makes a clicking noise.

'Oh thank you, thank you!' He says as Axel hands him back his camera.

'Its fine.' I say smiling and turning back to face the stage.

'Is it true?' The man asks.

'What true?'

'You and him...' He says pointing to Axel.

'I think we're done here.' Axel says, turning to face the man.

'Oh sorry!' The man simpers, and with that sits back in his chair playing with his camera.

Only a few seconds pass before another camera is thrown in our faces; and from below and behind us a barrage of flashes give way to the lighting- as more and more victors enter and take their seats.

'This is mad!' I exclaim.

'Every year.' Finnick says.

'Why though?'

'They love us.' Finnick breathes.

'You're the strong, the powerful- they envy you, and want to be you.' Says a tall woman who is leaning across Finnick.

'Hello Liv, didn't think you'd be back.' Finnick greets her.

'Same... but here I am!' She laughs sadly.

'Ayda this is Liv, the district five victor; she won the year before me.'

'Hi!' I say brightly.

'It has been too long my darling.' She says grasping my hand, I beam at her and place my spare hand on top of hers. 'You were so very brave.'

'Aren't we all?' I say.

'Those at a...disadvantage are so much braver than those who freely kill.' Liv says softly.

'I agree.' Finnick breathes placing his hand over ours. For a few moments we stay like that until we all lift away our hands.

'So what brought you back?' Axel asks.