Attraction

I love this chapter. I hope ya'll enjoy it just as much as I do. Let me know what you think. Hopefully you guys like it as much as you do my other works.

Happy Reading

Love
NJ Kuhr
XOXO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No surprises and much to my own discomfort the dance lesson went exactly as I predicted it would. A complete and total disaster.

I arrived prepared for it, though I don't know if that made much of a difference. Not knowing Emory was duped into this would have made it better. If I wasn't anticipating it to the point of nausea then perhaps things would have gone along a lot smoother. At least then I wouldn't have been so exhausted before it even began. Gah, I loathe that man.

The dance instructor hadn't appeared yet. Clory had abandoned me to tend to her own duties after insisting I wear a gown the color of white wine. She claimed the others weren't washed though I knew that wasn't true. Clory would never let any of my gowns go without cleaning.

It was form fitting, no corset but it hugged low on my waist and hips. The soft skirts draped towards the floor. It didn't bow out like the others making me look taller, leaner, accenting my figure. The neckline hung loose over my breast and out wide on my shoulders exposing most of my collar. The tight sleeves hugged three quarters down my arms. It was simple, elegant and looked like liquid. I adored this gown but thought it was a bit too formal for a simple dance lesson.

I knew it was Emmeline's doing but Clory was all too happy to help out. I think she may have outright lied about needing to be somewhere. She wouldn't have to witness the atrocity that was about to unfold.

Emory barged in all ruffled and demanding. Seeing we were alone sent an already tumultuous Prince into a rage. Towards me. If he didn't already blame me for turning his carefree existence into one of turmoil this would have done it. Forced to not only help me learn to dance but left alone in my company confirmed my guilt in his eyes.

He paced back and forth shooting dark glances at me. Not even trying to hide his ire and then turning back to the door as if it was just as insulting. I felt a small pang of pity for the dance instructor. When she did make an appearance it was going to be right into the face of volatile Royal. Not the best of impressions.

I just stood there. I'd already spent a good part of the morning in anxious apprehension. His attitude had me standing in silence. I didn't know how to respond. I felt like a mouse caught by a cat; a cat done playing and was about to eat me alive. Oh, yes, not knowing about this beforehand would have definitely improved my reaction. I had worried myself into a stupor.

He paced some more. I thought he was about to start mumbling to himself or turn that just contained animosity on me. He looked as if he was debating that very thing. That or deciding if it was worth his mother's disapproval to leave. I was hoping he would leave. I was giving myself an ulcer and was glad I had eaten a light breakfast.

I was beginning to get defensive. I was a guest, refusing the Queen outright would have been offensive. Something resembling sedition. I wasn't about to disobey Emmeline even if she did offer it as optional. Emory outranked her and was her son. He could have gotten out of this. She would be annoyed with him but he could have dealt with it. I could not.

I huffed out a sharp breath more insulted than quailed. Ass.

"Just leave." I snapped.

"Excuse me." He couldn't believe I had said what he thought I said.

I titled my face up, it was arrogant but I didn't care. I'd had enough. "Leave. It's not as if you have to be here. Leave. I am perfectly capable of learning the steps without you. Actually, it will be considerably easier without your insufferable attendance. I may even enjoy this if your overbearing sour personality weren't here to interfere."