Antics

The next morning brought the promise of what was going to be a truly beautiful day. I was able to give myself a quick bath out of the washboard and into a dress before Clory walked in to help tie my stays.

"You're in a good mood this morning, my Lady." She said, noticing the smile I couldn't keep off my face.

"Yes, I am." I kissed her on the cheek. My back was sore and yet, I was delirious with it.

I begged Clory to style my hair at the window. I could watch the sun glitter on the flawless snowcapped buildings of the city.

The clouds had passed and the sun was shining bright. Everything was covering in three maybe four feet of snow. A sheet of ice had filled the harbor. I could hear it crack even from here as the ships resisted it.

She tapped my head with the comb telling me to sit still. I couldn't. I had so much pent up energy. Everything was beautiful and amazing. I knew I looked somewhat crazed but I didn't care.

We made our way out of the Keep and to the dining hall which had become so much a part of my daily schedule. Cook doted on me and learned my favorite meals.

I took my place next to Emmeline. We both had glasses of watered wine with our meal as we discussed what chores to complete.
(This is Emmeline)

"You seem happy today

"You seem happy today." She remarked. I was going to have to be careful around her. I hadn't seen Emory yet and I wasn't sure what people were supposed to know or not know. We hadn't discussed it and I didn't want to give anything away before I knew what this even was.

Not long after we finished our meals Emory, Warin and Theodrid joined us. Every day they would report their findings and details of the city life and its borders. It was usually my favorite part of the day.

This morning there was something more special about it. I didn't know how Emory would treat me. What last night's adventure had done to our cordial relationship.

To my immediate pleasure he looked for me the minute he walked through the kitchens. He strode towards me. Then chose to pull the chair next to me closer and sat down beside me sideways in the chair so he was facing me. One knee up against my own with the other stretched out behind my chair. He grinned at me without saying a word. Picking a candied onion slice off my plate he popped it into his mouth without asking. He smirked at my surprise.

 He smirked at my surprise