3. Alone

HAPPY EASTER!

Dedicated to shawwmhh. You've been such a fervent and amazing reader, I really can't appreciate you enough. Thank you hon!

The amazing cover above was made by Irenejames. It's beautiful! Thank you!

NOTE: This chapter contains some intimate content. So for my younger readers as well as those who are not comfortable reading such content, this is a head's up!

DO NOT COPY MY WORK!

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

____

Suzzanah's POV

The minute the elevator doors sealed shut, my head whipped towards Zuerien and I opened my mouth to ask about the whole 'room-sharing' business but Marco beat me to it.

"Room 1057 is mine", Marco said, "Room 1054 is Rino's and Room 1050 is the King and Queen's"

His tired eyes immediately found mine and he smirked, "And look how intimate you two have gotten after just one night!"

An involuntary hiccup escaped my lips before I covered my mouth with my hand in embarrassment, the skin of my face feeling hot against my palm.

Oh God!

"Jealously isn't becoming on you, Marco", Zuerien drawled out lazily as he pulled me closer.

Marco scoffed, looking away, "Jealous? Yeah right! I'm not jealous!"

"I am!" Rino exclaimed, "I want to share a room with the Wolfa and Anna too!"

I smiled helplessly while both Zuerien and Marco cringed in unison.

"Rino- ah! Forget it!" Marco said, clutching his forehead in his hand, having realized that there was no use trying to explain such things to Rino.

But despite Marco's nonchalant facade earlier, I didn't miss the hint of bitterness laced with his words when he had claimed he was not jealous. And instantly what Zuerien had told me about him last night, flashed in my mind.

"He wasn't always a playboy like he is now, in fact there was a time he was really looking forward to meeting his mate"

He was looking forward to it...but...

"I don't know exactly what happened, but he changed his decision almost overnight and turned into the flirt he is now"

I bit my lip, watching Marco quietly. I had known Marco for almost as long as I had known Zuerien and although I had to admit that I didn't really know all that much about his background or past, whatever I did know was enough to certify that Marco was many things, but he was not hard-hearted.

He may enjoy being a playboy, but he also knew how to be faithful when he had to. And there was no doubt in my mind that his mate would fall into the latter category. For sure. He would not break his mate's heart if he could help it.

So then...what happened Marco? What happened to turn you into this guy? From a guy who longed for his mate...into a guy who didn't even want to find her?

Before I could think further on the matter, the elevator dinged announcing our arrival on the 10th floor. That had been the fastest elevator ride of my life. A silent gasp of shock escaped my lips when the doors slid open, and Zuerien wasted no time in leading us out and then down the wide corridor.