6. Déjà Vu

SHADOWED HEARTS HAS HIT 100K READS AND 10K VOTES. WOOHOO! THANK YOU! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST READERS EVER!

Dedicated to Reennnnnnnn for being the absolute sweetheart of a reader that you are. You make me really happy hon!

A huge shoutout to Tina20000 for being the such an extremely loyal and wonderful reader. Thank you doll!

The amazing cover above was made by My_Oblivious_World. Its absolutely fantastic. Thank you sweetie!

WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE IN THIS CHAPTER!

IMPORTANT NOTE:

PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY WORK! If I find any followers copying my work, I will immediately REPORT and MUTE you. Do NOT test my patience or take advantage of my friendliness. You have been warned.

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

____

Suzzanah's POV

The minute my feet hit solid ground again, my knees gave in and I tumbled to the undergrowth. My hands dug into the moist soil underneath me to keep my head from slamming into the earth.

My breath came out in soft pants, my chest heaving at a fast pace as I gasped for air. My heart was still beating extremely fast, making it hard for me to hear or feel anything.

Hazy hues of greens and browns clouded my eyesight and I blinked disoriented, trying to get the images to focus. My vision took a few seconds to clear, my mind taking far longer.

And so I sat there, frozen like a cold sculpture of ice, but on the inside, I was kinda warm.

Just a little bit...warm.

I found her...

My mind kept repeating those three words over and over again.

I found her Zuerien...I found her...

I found Megan.

Coughing softly, I closed my eyes, the image of those striking green eyes flashing in my mind as clear as day.

Megan's eyes.

On her supernatural shadow.

She had been there. She had been in that cottage, with that caped figure.

She was alright.

Involuntarily a smile made its way to my face and a breathless laugh escaped my lips. She was in Dublin after all, in the woods somewhere, recovering in a cottage and...

Not alone.

That was the greatest reassurance of them all. She was not alone. She had a companion there with her, one who seemed to be quite strong and well versed with magic.

And although somewhere at the back of my mind I realized that that could pose a problem when it came to finally retrieving our Luna of Intercession, for now I was glad she had someone with her to help her.

I pushed myself up to sit upright before looking down at my muddy palms and jeans. I had a few abrasions and cuts here and there from when I had fallen from that tree, but other than that, I felt perfectly fine.