25. Luna-cy in the Woods

Dedicated to Zueriannah_love. Thank you for being such an incredibly supportive and loving reader doll. Means the world to me!

A huge shoutout to Lectio-Album for being not only an amazing reader but also the creator of the absolutely phenomenal banner above. Its magnificent. Thank you!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Just in case some of you didn't read the Message I posted a few days ago, I actually added some more content to Chapter 24, towards the end right after Suzzanah and Rino step out of the library to go have lunch. It starts around the paragraph that begins with these words- "We waited on the pavement outside the library while one of our bodyguards went to go get the car". Please do check it out. It's not much but it's important.  

ALL THEORIES REGARDING PEOPLE'S SOUL TO HEART CONNECTIONS, POWERS, TITLES, THE SHADOW PEOPLE, SUPERNATURAL GENETICS, WEREWOLF HISTORY ETC. MENTIONED IN MY BOOKS ARE OF MY OWN CREATION. DO NOT USE THEM IN YOUR OWN BOOKS!

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

______

Marco's POV 

Sometimes, I hate this job

As yet another mad, stray rogue attacked me, I slammed my fist hard into its side sending it hurtling away from me and into a nearby tree, and thankfully it remained down afterwards.

I let out a heavy sigh, wiping my sweaty brow as I turned to look around. Most of the men with me had finished taking care of the few other rogues too, and were now dragging all their unconscious bodies to one place.

I looked back the the rogue I had just defeated and scowled in distaste. Did that mean I have to carry that big old stinky thing to where its buddies were being stalked up too?

Ugh, sometimes I really hate this job

Groaning, I walked up to the passed out rogue and hauled its fat ass onto my shoulder. It reeked of the stench of blood, sweat and many other not so aromatic things, making me hold my breath as I dragged it to where the rest of the rogues were lined up.

If this thing decides to suddenly wake up and take a chunk off my face, I'm going to be so pissed!

I grunted with some effort as I deposited the stinky beast with the rest of its in-mates before rolling my shoulders. I looked at the warrior named Sam who was busy tying up the unconscious beasts and said,

"Next time tell me where you're going to be assembling these guys beforehand so I can just kick them there to begin with", I said, "I honestly cannot deal with having to drag them around like luggage every single time"

He gave me an apologetic smile, "Sorry, Alpha", he said, "But you've done such an amazing job. Its mainly just thanks to you and Alpha Ashford that we've been able to capture at least this many rogues"

"How many did we manage to get?"

"Twelve so far", he replied.

I tsked in dissatisfaction. We'd only managed to capture twelve even though this was probably the thirtieth one we'd come across today! All morning we had been dealing with these stray rogues appearing out of nowhere and forcing us to chase them, and frankly I was quite sick of them! Especially because they were disappearing into the woods just as suddenly as they were appearing. And we were finding it hard to keep track of whether we were actually hunting down ten different rogues or just one that kept slipping through our fingers.