17: Shattered Heart.

CLARKE:

I stood by my bed in that locked room, frozen with the horror of what had happened. Tears streamed down my face as I stared at the blood soaked furs on the bed. No words would come to me and even if they did they wouldn't be able to express how I felt in that moment. I had stood there and  watched Lexa  die in front of my eyes, helpless to save her. That fatal shot from the gun stealing her life away.
I looked down at my hands, Lexa's blood covering them. They were shaking as my mind attempted to process what had happened. How could she be gone, how was this possible?
The walls around me were closing in, everything fading to distance echos. I needed air, I couldn't breathe. Without a thought I walked over to the open window, as though an unknown energy was now moving my body. I breathed deeply, my body quivered as the cold air hit the back of my throat. My head was swimming with thoughts of Lexa, of how before this we were contented in each others embrace, finally together.
My heart sank, I could feel it's shattered beat pounding in my chest. I felt so broken like a part of me was gone forever. How much more cruelty can this world offer Me? Time and time again it rips me a part, making it harder to fix myself back together. I'm not even sure I can anymore, not now Lexa is gone. A wave of tears fell from my eyes as I broke down and cried. The pain was too much to hold back. I yelled out into the night, sorrow and fury breaking the heavens, bringing the God's to their knees.
This had changed everything, my life would never be the same again. How could it be? For what is Wanheda without her Heda by her side.