Chapter 11: The Truth

*K E Y*

(Y/N) - Your Name
(L/N) - Last Name
(N/N) - Nickname
(A/N) - Assassin Name
(H/C) - Hair Color
(H/L) - Hair Length
(E/C) - Eye Color
(F/C) - Favorite Color
(D/N) - Dog Name
--------------------

Y/N POV

I sniffed the ground.
"This way." They nodded and followed me as I ran through the trees, swinging from branch to branch.
"Y/N!"
I stopped completely in my tracks.
"Zane?"
"I've missed you."
I jumped down from the tree and bowed down infront of him.
"What do you mean?"
"You're very special to me Y/N. Please come back soon, I really want to see you."
"YUI!" Aphmau and Aaron ran straught through Zane as he disappeared into mist and drifted away. I turned around and saw the men that I was with hold up bows and arrows to shoot at Aaron and Aphmau.
"Which side? You cant be on both."
Tears streaked down my face as I took out my switchblade and attacked.
~~

I slowly opened my eyes and saw practically the whole village around me.
"Yui! Are you okay?"
"Yui! Why were you in the nether?"
"Hey... Yui who's this hotti-"
"Shut. Up." I growled.
Everyone went quiet and silently left the room after Zoey shooed them away.

I looked over at Joey.

I wished I knew sooner...

I slowly stood up and walked out of room Zoey had me in. Even though she didnt agree with this, I did it anyway. One step out of the building and I heard footsteps quickly come towards me. I shoot my head towards the direction they were coming in and saw Dante.
"Yui!" He yelled.

He then embraced me in a tight hug.
"I am so glad that you're safe." He sighed in relief.
"Can't..... Breathe..." I choked.
"Oh. Hehe sorry." He chuckled to himself.

A few minutes later.

"Welp, duty calls! See you later Yui!" Dante cheered as he jogged away waving. I sighed and walked back into the building and saw Zoey feeding Joey. I find a nearby needle and silently walk towards her.

"Man, you got beat up pretty badly. You protected her didnt you." Zoey chuckled.
I stopped. Joey looked at me and frowned.
"I'm sorry did I hurt you? I mean I dont know how I wouldve hurt you, but still did I?" Zoey paniced.
"No... I just hurt thats all." He mumbled.
"Oh! I'll get some herbal soup for you, be back in a bit!" She cheered.

I gripped the needle so hard that my knuckles became white and my hand started to bleed. Zoey got up and bumped into me because of how close I was.

"I'm so sorry! I wa- Yui?"
"Its okay.." I sighed as I turned around and walked off. Zoey watched me leave and looked over at Joey. But all he did was shrug.

Jerk.

I threw the needle and climbed up a nearby tree. Once I was up at the top, I curled up in a ball and let it all out. Every. Single. Thing.

I cried and cried for who knows how long.
"I HATE THIS!" I wailed, "I HATE ZANE. I HATE BEING A/N. I HATE EVERYTHING. I HATE ME!"
I cried harder.
"Why cant I just kill myself instead of innocent people..." I mummbled to myself.

"I knew it..."
My eyes widened as I looked below me and saw Aaron. I quickly wiped my face and jumped down from the tree.
"Whaf do you mean?" I asked.
"I knew you were the assassin. The one who killed Logan, Moon, Donna, why did you lie?" He questioned.
"Aaron I-"
"Silence. I may not of known you for a while, but you mean something to Aphmau. But all this time you have been lieing to her. You couldve told her who you were from the beginning, but you didnt."
"If I did I-"
"Did you ever think about how the friends of families of the people you killed felt? Would you like it if someone waltz around and just killed someone you loved dearly?!"

Tears streamed down my cheeks.
"Aaron... Im sorry.... I didnt mean to hurt her.." I sniffled.
"Aaron? Yui? Are you guys okay? I heard yelling." Aphmau asked.
"Aph... Yui is A/N... She lied to us and killed them..." Aaron said as he looked down.
"What?" Her eyes were wide. They looked broken, betrayed, and hurt.
"She lied. She isnt Yui, she works for Zane and she killed Logan, Moon, Donna, and Laurence." Aaron said as he backed up away from me.

Aphmau looked like she was about to yell and kill everything. Then a tear slowly fell from her eye, to her cheek, down to her chin, and dropped.
"Aphmau... Im so sorry. I can explain-"
"Why..." She choked on her tears as more and more fell. She turned to Aaron who appeared next to her and cried.
"Dante! Travis!" Aaron yelled, and they came running.

"Yes Aaron? What's wrong with Aphmau!?" Dante exclaimed. I looked down and fell to the ground with guilt overpowering on my shoulders.
"It's true... I'm A/N... I killed Logan and Donna and Moon... But Laurence is still alive... I pushed him and this other guy into a End portal. I am so sorry." There were literal waterfalls on my face by now. Travis, Dante, and Aphmau stared at me.

"Lock her up. And the blond guy too, once he recovers."
"No! Joey has nothing to do with this! Please dont hurt him!" I cried.
"Are you lieing about that too?" Aphmau spat.

Once Dante and Travis brought me to the Jail, Travis left to run after Katelyn. And Dante stayed to lock me up in the same jail cell I was in many months ago.

"If only you hadnt lied to her..." He sighed, "I wouldnt of had to do this here.."
"Wha-?" Dante pinned me against the wall and captured my lips into his. It was short, but his lips were warm and sweet.

"S-see you soon Yui.." He stuttered.

Laurence POV

The Nether portal almost closed on us as we jumped through. But, we werent at the village. We somehow got to somewhere in the woods in the Tu'La region.

I will find you Y/N... If its the last thing I do!

---------------------------------------
1054 words
----------------------
Song: If I Die Young (Female Ver.) Nightcore