Chapter 23: Enjoy the Calm Before the Storm

(Y/n) POV:

It has been a week since 'The Incident' and the town found out about our status. I smiled at all the girls that gave me dirty looks and smiled even more at the people who wrote me threat letters. I love them. Dipper took me to a lot of dates and we were sometimes caught in our make out sessions. This has been a very fun week for everyone. Especially me, I enjoy being surrounded by friends and haters. Dipper is now going to take me to a new café in town. It would be a lovely day with my boyfriend. What could possibly go wrong?

Dipper POV:

I picked up (Y/n) and we are now heading to the café hand in hand. A lot of our fan girls are stalking us and sometimes I steal kisses from (Y/n). While (Y/n) blushes the others fan girled. She buried her face in my chest.

"Why are you shy about this?"

"Why do you ask?" She said to me with her eyebrows raised.

"Well that isn't how you acted last-" she pinched me in the shoulder.

"Ow!" I said and grinned at her. She blushed furiously.

"S-shut up Gleeful!"

We finally arrived at the café. It was a gaming café and we played board games and Dungeons, Dungeons and less Dungeons.

"Why is the titile like that?" I asked. She shrugged.

"Ask the maker." We play a few more games like Monopoly who's goal was the first one to get bankrupt and 'Snakes and Ladders'. The snakes are nice and will give you a lift but ladders are unlucky and will make you fall down.

"I don't have a ladder in my house." (Y/n) suddenly told me. I was surprised by her sudden statement.

"Why?"

"Well my brother used to tell me that it is safer to have a gun with you then a ladder in the house. We used to have ten guns in the living room. Five in the kitchen and three in the restroom. I had a gun each time I go out."

"Umm... for what reason?"

"Well in case some idiot walks in with a ladder." She said simply. I had difficulty swallowing my drink.

"How about now?" I asked.

"Well, no guns in the house." I relaxed from what she said.

"Who needs them when I can just make them appear out of thin air so why bother buying some?" She said and continued eating her bread. I stared dumbfounded.

"Umm...okay?"

Meanwhile...

Will and Bill were nearby eavesdropping on their conversation. Bill looked pointedly at Will.

"Seriously? Guns in the house?" Will looked offended.

"They were on sale!" He said and Bill shook his head.

"Knives are better."

"Oh, what did you say." Will asked and rolled up his sleeve.

"Knives are better." Bill said with the same tone.

"Me.You. Battle now." Will said poofing out guns. Bill just shrugged and poofed out knives.

"Bring it on!" They disappeared and for once Reverse Falls was safe.

Back to the Story...

(Y/n) and I stayed for a while longer and we packed our things. We exited the café and I kissed her on the cheek. I was about to leave when suddenly I was pulled down by force.

"Beware!" An old man yelled at my face. He had a crazed looked in his eyes.

"Let go of me!" I yelled and (Y/n) hurriedly came to my side. I tried summoning my knives but I couldn't. For once I was powerless. Fear took over me. He whole world became grey. The man's eyes glowed blue. So were the waitress's and the couple having lunch.

"No puppet strings can hold me down." One of the couple, the woman told me.

"So patiently I watch this town." The waitress said and grabbed (Y/n).

"(Y/n)!" I screamed and got out of the man's hold but was instead blocked by the man.

"Abnormal will soon be the norm." He said and held me down. I looked up the old man with a knife above me. His face showed no sign of emotion.

"Enjoy the calm before the storm." He plunged the knife into my forehead.