3 | The Falling Apart

Abhay's POV :
Many months and days had gone by... Continuing such stupid fights.. Until one day.. Something massive happened.. Which of course seemed to ruin the friendship I and Nandini had...

It was the 7th of September.. Teacher's day celebration.. I wasn't present.. And behind my back Nandini and Ranjana had a fight.. Why? Because of me..
Ranjana was not happy with the fact that Nandini was my best friend.. And in that context they had a fight.

When I returned I met Ranjana first and she told me everything about what Had happened.. And then I talked to Nandini and then I don't know what was wrong with me.. I felt that maybe Ranjana was correct in her place and Nandini wasn't.
I don't know why.. But I took Ranjana's side.. I did take her side.

I stopped talking to Nandini.. I knew these were childish ways of doing things but whatever.. I didn't talk to her... After some months maybe I patched up but not for long.. I was just too irritated of all this shit..!

It was in Class 8 when we were made partners, again, as class minders for Class 7. Not a bad thing was it? Because it was I who suggested that I should become her partner. I don't really know what happens at times, I.. I can't really get over her. I won't actually get over her ever in my life, I think. She'll forever stay.

Nevertheless, time flew by, even though I fell in love with Anika but it wasn't the same way like Nandini. I think my attraction towards Anika was sympathy or something, but whatever it was it was enough for me and my broken heart.

Time flew by in this manner, at times I would feel a jolt of attraction pulling me towards Nandini and then suddenly I would realise that it was too late.
Soon our school days ended and my hope for her had flickered off with it because I knew now that we weren't meant to be together.
And now when I feel like apologizing.. It's too late.

Abhay's POV :
Slowly I bought myself into the reality.. I looked at the rising sun across the balcony.. All this was such a pain.. It was! My love, Anika was shot by my first love, Nandini and I'm so very helpless that I can't help myself..!

I slowly got up and walked back into the cabin, Anika was asleep. I went and sat beside her. Just then my phone buzzed.
I took out my phone, it was Abhijeet.
I picked up and the Call and walked out,
"Hello. How is Anika? ", he asked.
" She is out of danger. ", I replied.
Abhijeet was Anika's childhood crush and therefore I actually bothered to tell him.. Even though he was of no liking towards Anika anymore but you see first love.. Is first love and nobody knows that better than me of course.

" Okay.. ", he said taking a breath of relief..
I instantly hanged up the phone.. I wasn't in a mood of talking.
I walked back to my Anika's cabin.
" Abhay..", she said.
"Yes.. I'm here. ", I said and sat beside her.
" Nandini.. I want to meet her. ", she said.
" If I knew where she was she would be behind the Bars! ", I said.
" Why are you giving yourself pain? ", she asked.. She knew me really well.
" She tried to kill you! Don't you understand the sensitivity of the situation?!.. ", I was nearly shouting.
She just looked at me quietly as I continued to try and make her understand.
" Feeling better? ", she asked after I finished speaking.
" Hmm. ", I replied and walked off.

Anika's POV :
He walked out of the room.. I knew that he was in pain. I let him shout and take out his anger so that he could cool down but.. Well, he couldn't cool himself.
After all he had loved Nandini once upon a time.. Maybe he still loves her.. Sometimes he tells me that he hates her but I know.. He doesn't. It's just the pain.

She was his first love and I can never take her place.. But whatever, he isn't understanding one thing and that is I wasn't shot by Nandini. It was somebody else... I don't remember who..
And since they had met each other again in a wedding ceremony.. I don't know what's wrong with Abhay. He seems to be so different.. So much into thoughts...
I still remember their faces when they met each other after so many years.. That shock and that love in their eyes. At times to know a person's importance we should let them go and it seems like Abhay now knows her importance.