10 | Lost Fantasy

Abhay's POV :
"You know what was my fault Mr. Rathore? It was the fact that my way of loving you was different.. That you never took the trouble of understanding my feelings..! Why is it that we always want the other person to understand us..? Why tell me.. Why? ", she said shaking me lightly by my shoulders.

I was staring at her, dumbfounded.. As though there was a tempest inside me. I wanted to take out everything today.
" Because.. Because it's human nature! Because I'm a human being and I have a heart which breaks very easily, because I thought that you would recognize the real Abhay, behind this hard-core man.. I thought you would discover the helpless man who needs love.. But you didn't Nandini.. Even though I loved you.. Even though as you say you loved me, you couldn't make a way through my soul. You couldn't.. ", I said. I was talking loudly now.. Could take no more, you see.

I could feel tears flow down my eyes and same with her.
" I'm.. I'm sorry. ", she stammered. I stood numb.
I felt as though I had taken out all that I had in my heart for years.
I slowly walked up to where I had kept my towel.
" Would you kindly excuse me? ", I said not looking back into her eyes..

She quietly walked out of the bathroom.
I soon changed and splashed my face with water twice and came out. I had to go back to normal.
" Hmm.. So say, what were you talking about? ", I asked her. Not looking into her eyes instead walking last her to the mirror to comb my hair.
She looked at me. Her eyes were red. She had been crying but I didn't want to remember anything that happened inside. I think I can be an amazing actor.
She drank a glass of water and then said,
" I suspect someone, who could try and kill Anika. ", she said in a low voice.
" Hmm.. ", I said signalling her to carry on.
" It is most probably Ranjana. You remember her obsession with you.. Don't you? "
" Nearly the whole school was obsessed about me, I can't go on suspecting everyone. ", I said in one of those ' I'm a Cop' tone.
" I know that. But her thing is different. And I have a plan which will prove everything. ", she said.

" So what is it? ", I said turning towards her. My voice was now steady and heart rate normal.
" But before that call Anika here.
She also is a part of it. ", Nandini said.

Nandini's POV :
" I hope she won't fall into danger.", he said.
"Don't worry. ", I assured him.
He called onto a servant and asked him to bring Anika.

He actually believed on me.
After all that I had said I felt as though a weight from my heart had gone off.. I felt much better.

And of course he was maybe true at the point that I couldn't find the real Abhay behind this hard Shell of his. But I don't mind that anymore.
I think I wasn't made for him.. Maybe I wasn't the one for him, but one thing was sure.. He was the one for me but not destined to be with me.
Or rather.. No don't even think about it! It's a lost fantasy!