23 | Let Me Love You

Just when I was walking towards Abhay he suddenly turned and walked out of the house. I had to talk to him so I ran.

He was standing out of the house, in the garden of the house which had once belonged to him. Most probably he was smoking Cigarettes, a new habit he had taken up in these five years,
"Why do you have to follow me uptil here? ", he said turning with a lighted cigarette in his mouth.
" How do you know that it was me?", I asked startled.
"Doesn't make a difference, does it? ", he replied putting the cigarette packet back into his pocket.

" Why did you leave Anika and go?", I asked him.
He smiled looking at the ground and said,
" I didn't have the heart to cheat her for the rest of my life. For you we can be over but for me it will never be. ", he said smoking his cigarette.

" Why are you behaving like an idiot? Don't you find this sweet Friendship much better than that rash love story we had.? Why don't you give up on our relationship.. Why? ", I replied.. He still couldn't leave me.

Abhay's POV :
I looked at her.. She was done with me.. But what could I do? I couldn't leave her.. I loved her.. Wait! Why was she even talking to me if she had to tell me that we should only be friends?

I could feel uncontrollable pain rise in me and being the perfect man I am.. I knew how to change my pain to anger, I burst out,
" Shut it, girl! Just shut it! I am not interested in talking to you about how pleasant this Friendship thing is.. You don't want to marry me.. I haven't asked you but for the sake of God let me love you. ", I said in a very unpleasant tone.

" Okay.. Do whatever you feel like.. But don't make you life a hell, which you have already done. ", she turned to leave when I went forward and pulled her by her hand.
She bumped onto me.

" What do you think you are? If my life is a hell of is because of you.. Now go! For you we can be over for me we are immortal. ", I said looking at her sharply.
I wanted to hug her instead of just standing there and staring down at her but she didn't seem to be thinking the way. She quickly mover away and left.

She doesn't care of my survival I think.. I continued smoking my cigarette.. At times it's so good to kill yourself with a slow poison like cigarette.. Isn't it?

Nandini's POV :
Why? Why does he have to behave that way?
My thoughts were interrupted by Anika.
" Why are you being so stubborn? ", she asked reasonably.
" I.. I don't want to get myself hurt anymore! I don't.. ", I replied.. My voice breaking.

" Give him a chance.. Let him prove himself at least.. He loves you.. He always loved you.. We fancy people at times just because we need someone to support us during hard times. I was his support, his friend, but never his girlfriend. It was always you even if you and he were not together. Even if you always walked over to other people to talk ignoring him. Don't forget dear, even he is a human being like you. He does mistakes and he repents. He has been repenting since five years.. Believe me Nandini he has taken up too many bad habits to live, cigarette is just the beginning, he drinks and I'm quite sure he even takes something so bad as drugs. I don't know how to stop him but only you can. Give him one chance Nandini, he will not let you down. ", she said smiling.

One chance? Should I give him one chance? Will he really not break my heart.. What if he does?