2 | The Proposal

Flashback

Sahil's Point Of View:

I am sitting in the class staring across at the girl with long dark brown hair working on something. I loved to look at her.. and I could do that for hours altogether. She was Anika Arora. The best actress in the whole universe.. not to mention she was pretty tall, just like me which made us the perfect couple. Fair in complexion, and the best author I ever met.”

I sighed looking down at my personal diary. 'That is cheesier than a cheeseburger! ', I thought as I looked up at her again. We were in class nine. She was talking to Abhay now. Abhay was the charmer, not that I wasn't. In fact both of us were the hotties of the school. Abhay has been with Nandini for the last three years.. and now it seemed like they would break up because Anika was fed up of Abhay's closeness with Ranjana. She's one heck of a person.

I finally got out of my seat and walked up to them. Abhay sat right beside her. At times he really made me jealous but then, that's how it is.

Hurdles in the way of true love is quite common you see.

"Wassup guys?", I asked as I stood in front of their desk.
"Oh nothing much—"
"Shut up!", Anika cut him off without a second thought.
"Actually Mr. I'm too smart is again into a fight with his beloved girlfriend.", She said giving him an irritable glance.
"Wait, dude did you get slapped?", I asked looking closely at the red mark on his cheek which he was trying so hard to hide.

"Oh—"
"Yes. I take full credits for that.", Anika said with her signature 'Thug life' smirk, which made her look hot. Not that she wasn't otherwise.. but yea.

"So what is it Sahil? You're here for something?", Anika asked, changing her smile into a pleasant one as Abhay gave her a disgusted look.
"Oh yes, I-I forgot..", I said realising that I was here just to stare at her closely.
"Great my dear friend! Now bye bye.", Abhay said placing a hand over his red cheek.
"Be quite, will you?", Anika said as she looked at me and said,
"Umm.. how about eating something in the nearby restaurant?", I said immediately hoping to spend time with her.
"Yes, sounds good!", Abhay popped in as I gave him an irritable look. I wanted to propose here and he was acting like an absolute spoilsport.
"No. You're uninvited. First you go and get your own mess sorted and then you can join us. I'm free, we'll definitely go out together.", She said giving me a high five.
"Thanks!", I said as I walked back to my seat.

We were walking down the road when I suddenly said,
"What do you think about me?"
She looked at me with an amused expression.
"You, mister? That you are a good guy with a golden heart.", She said as we walked into the restaurant and seated ourselves. We immediately ordered two plates of chow mein.

"Well Ani, I had to tell you something.", I said. We were sitting opposite to each other.
"Please go on.", She said with a smile.
"Actually, thank you—"
"Friends don't say sorry and thank you, mister. I've been teaching you that since like always.", She said acting in the most 'Anika' manner.
"Yes, I know but now let me speak.", I said preparing myself.
"Please..", she said with a smirk.
I shut my eyes and began,
"I think I'm in love with you.. please don't get me wrong but I love you and it's just that I adore how you are and how you behave.." I said in a single go.

As I slowly opened my eyes I found Anika looking at me with a pleasant understanding expression.
"Sahil.. you know that was quite brave and I'm really proud of you..", she began as if explaining her new story to me.
"But.. you know I'm sorry.. I like Abhay.. and..", I felt all my hopes crumbling away as tears iched my eyes, I immediately blinked them away as I gulped. My throat was numb. Just then the chowmein arrived.

"Oh let it be! Just forget it! Let's eat!" I said changing the topic immediately, feeling a sharp pain within me.
"Yes, I think that's better.", She said with a soft, slow smile as we started eating.

°°°
Author's note:
Tell me how it was in the comments section!
I hope to update soon..