20 | Somebody To Die For

"What did you just say?!", I heard Yuvraj say bringing me back to the reality.. I wish I could stay there staring at her eyes.. Never mind.
"Ya.. Ya what? ", I said fumbling.
" What did you just say?! You can treat her much better than me?! Really? You useless cop! She is just mine. ", he said and walked towards Nandini and held her by her arm so hard that she whimpered.

" Leave her Yuvraj! ", I shouted at him.
" I won't! She is all mine.. Only mine! She'll never be yours! ", he shouted back, I glanced at Nandini, she had tears in her eyes.. I was always the person who made her cry.. The only person she cried for so much.. I couldn't let him take the only post I had in her life.
I rushed and yanked his hand away from her as she held the part of her hand he had held and was now red.

"How dare you! ", he said holding the collar of my shirt.
" She is only mine, you good for nothing! ", I shouted at him pushing hum away from myself.
" She was never yours! ",
" She was only mine..! Always and Forever! ", I screamed at him, as though I had too much too say and I couldn't keep it all inside me.

I didn't care about Anika at the moment.. I didn't care what she was feeling at knowing the truth.
" You don't get the person you can die for everyday! You get her once in your lifetime.. And I got her.. I know I did mistakes.. Unforgivable mistakes.. For which I'll be sorry.. forever.. But I still love her, I always did.. It was always my jealousy that came in between me and her but now it's gone.. A person makes a mistake only once... And I wont anymore..! I never hated her, I cannot! ", I could feel tears streaming down my eyes.. I couldn't bear to see her go with him.. I couldn't see her go with anyone!

I may be possessive but that's the way I loved her.. I loved only her that way! I could die for her, she was that 'Somebody To Die For', For me! I couldn't afford letting her be someone else's.

Everyone stood still, even Yuvraj who looked shocked at what I had said.
"You.. You love her even now? ", Sahil muttered loud enough for everyone to hear.
" Forever and After. ", I replied not quite looking towards him because Anika stood staring at me in disbelief and astonishment.. I didn't mean to do this to her but what choice did I have, I really couldn't forget Nandini so how could I love somebody else?

Nandini too stood shocked..
"Abhay, do you know what you are saying? ", she asked softly.
" Yes. ", I replied, even though my voice was soft, it was distinct.
" A real bad thing to do.. How dare you love her.. She is mine! ", Yuvraj said before pulling out a pistol from his jacket's pocket.
Wait! How do they get those pistols when we take ages to get our ones registered!
" Money can buy everything. ", he said smirking wickedly, pointing his gun towards me.

Seems like I really need to die for her.