26 | If I Lose Myself

After what seemed like ages to us we let go of each other. Tears were streaming down her eyes and so were mine. I bent down and picked up the gun, handing her. She looked at me blankly before taking the gun and pointing it at me.
Her hand was trembling.

I stood straight.. Motionless.. As she was about to press the trigger the muscles in my stomach tightened but then something unexpected occurred. She threw the gun down and pulled me into a kiss. A deep, passionate kiss. And I didn't think twice before deepening it.. Maybe now I didn't want to die because I had someone to live for... But this has been my bad habit since ages to realise things after its all too late.

But at the moment who cared? Neither me nor her.. We were so engrossed in the kiss that the whole world seemed useless to both of us. We slowly pulled apart.
"A soulmate's kiss, huh? ", I managed to stammer.
" Yup. ", she replied back, rather sadly.
" I give up. ", she continued," I don't have the guts to kill you.. Ya ya, I am coward, alright? Now find a way in - between. ", she said.
A smile spread across my face, she was the same.. Age never really matters, you see.

" But before that swear in the name of Harry Potter that you are not going to leave me.. And will give me the privilege of marrying you after I do something of that Vivaan.. That If I Lose Myself you'll be the one to remind me what an idiot I was.. Promise me. ", I said.
She was now smiling.
" Fine. I swear.. Now happy? ", she said beaming.
" Yes. ", I replied before hugging her once more.

At times it's such a relief, isn't it? For a second I seriously thought she would kill me.. Should have known.. Nevermind.
Now I had to find an in - between solution while that blithering dunderhead stood in front of the Bureau with a blue colour car. Disgusting.
Both me and Nandini settled down into our seats across my desk and rubbed all those tears.

"Miky. ", I called out for the most able CID officer I had in my Bureau.
" Yes sir. ", he walked in.
" There is a man, or rather Vivaan.. Use your acting skills and take him in your custody. Believe me.. I'll make sure you get a promotion. Just do the work by tonight. ", I said. Come on.. At times I don't feel like taking any tension.
" Don't worry sir.. It will be done. ",saying so he left.

As he left I gave Nandini a smile, because she seemed to be more worried than Mukesh himself (That's Mikey's real name. She smiled back nervously. After a brief silence I spoke,
" Nandini.. If you want we can spend tonight at my new mansion. "
Nandini shot up.
" What do you mean? ", she asked looking at me dangerously.

I moved closer to her from across the table until our faces touched and whispered grinning,
" I mean 'One Night with Me'. Would you like to? ", her face instantly turned scarlet.
" Shut up and sit! I am going no where until Vivaan is caught. ", she said looking away.

Just then there was a knock at the door.