Epilogue

So now you see.. Present time is not as good as it looked.
I thought after marriage I'll have heavens under my feet and in reality I just walked into hell.

Wanna know what I was doing a while ago? Washing dishes! Yes! Like why?! Why me??
Nevermind it's twelve years since we married.. ( I nearly die when I think of it).

Nevermind.. What am I doing right now? I have just turned on my television and am watching some stupid 'Saas bahu serial' ( Mother in law and daughter in law serial). Not me really my mom and my beloved wife. I think they are made for each other.. Like my mom has been telling me that I have my place booked in heaven because I married Nandini.

Yes.. My mom loves her so much that at times I think I am staying in my 'sasural' ( in - law's house). In fact.. The first time my mom saw her at school, she was like,
" Your friend Nandini is so beautiful.. Isn't she? She has such a beautiful fair complexion "
And believe me I felt so irritated because I had this wheatish complexion!

Just as the heroine of the serial stopped her mother in law from adding sleeping pills to the husband's milk The Real Owner of the house walked in.
" Tired Karan? ", Nandini said, looking away from the TV. at times I am so.. So jealous of my good for nothing son I can't tell you.. When I return Nandini and mom are like,
" Go take out your lunch from the fridge and eat it. Fast. "

Nevermind. ( I think this is the third time I'm having sympathy for myself!) I was amazed to see that Karan thought he should be talking to me after returning from school.
" Dad I need to talk to you. ", he whispered and walked into his bedroom.
" Yes, what is it? ", I asked as I walked in behind him.
" How to get rid of an irritating assistant?! ", he said in a rather irritated tone.

I slowly walked in and settled on the bed and said taking in a deep breath,
" By not trying to make Friendship with her. ", I said remembering something (you know well enough) and smiled.
" Why may I know? Why will My son not be friends with someone? ", Nandini said walking inside the room. Karan once looked at her and then back at me with a scared and slowly walked out of the room, saying that he was going to bathe.
Like really? Someone remind him, his father is a police officer, successful police officer ( who doesn't take any bribe!)

Nandini walked into the room and stood in front of me.
"What were you telling him, huh? ", she asked.
Somebody remind her she is also my wife. Okay, I know you can't so I had to do it myself.
I slowly stood up.
She was standing one feet far from me ( what kind of days have come!) so I walked towards her, before she could say the well loved TV soap fan dialogue that ' somebody will come.'
I pulled her and placed my hand on her mouth so that she wouldn't get a chance to open it.

"Now listen.. ", I begun with a voice which sounded nearly like a whisper,
" You know what? I think I am the first and last person who is jealous of his own son. At times have sympathy on me and tell me that you love me.. Like after all you are a Sagittarian but you are behaving like you are Virgo ( Virgos are usually believed to be shy.)"
Saying so I slowly removed my hand from her mouth.

" Oh I see.. Thank you for reminding me Mr. Rathore. ", she said with a (Now) well - recognized smirk. ( Did I tell you that in class 6 I had suddenly realised that she was more of a Virgo and had told her a million times that 'You should have been a Virgo')

God she looks like Cleopatra when she smiles!
Why is it afternoon and not night?!
" Not my fault.. Is it? ", saying so she moved away and turned to leave.
" Where have you learnt to read minds from? ", I asked her, still smiling.
" No one. It's just that I know the irritating friend of mine who had waged a World War Three with me before marrying me. ", saying so she left.

______________________________________

💜The End 💜
______________________________________

Author's Note :-
Hello Readers,
Now so we have come to the end of the story.
Now let me inform you.. The Beginning ( I mean the complaint part) is based on True Events.
Yes, even though this is a Love Story but well, one of my most treasured friendships begun with a Complaint.

I would love to hear from my loved readers if they liked it or if there is a scope for improvement.

Love,
Adonis Neil Parker

______________________________________