22 | White Horse

Abhay's POV :
I was looking at the setting sun sitting in my cabin, at least they gave me one, working for the CID, ACP. Five years a long time you see.
I looked at my watch.

"Oh no! Late.. I'm gonna be late! Anika.. Oh God she'll burn me down alive! ", saying so I got up hastily. I had reach soon or I'll be killed!

Nandini's POV :
Five years had gone by the incident, I had left him and his house. But today I was back, it was his and Anika's wedding anniversary. I hadn't kept in touch with any of them so I didn't even wanted to come but then, Anika forced me over the phone.
So here I was, in the wedding Anniversary of my once Lover.

I walked in wearing my gown, the best attire I got, to find Anika accepting presents but I couldn't find Abhay anywhere. I walked up to Anika and handed her the present.
"Where is your husband? ", I asked her smiling.
" Ah! Nandini.. Wait I'm calling him. ", she said and started looking past the crowd and gestured him to come. I built up some courage to look at him in the eye.

As he walked in, I stood wide eyes.. It.. It wasn't Abhay. In an orange embroidered sherwani stood Sahil! She had married Sahil! I stood I'm shock for moments altogether, staring in shock at him.

" Where... Where is Abhay? ", I couldn't stop myself from asking her.
She looked at me and then made an angry expression, looking down.
" Yes! That idiot! He will never be on time.. Will he? Useless!? ", just then she looked past me and smiled.
" Oh Naina! Hello! ", she said and got up.

She smiled at me and walked away.

I looked at Sahil and asked,
" What Had happened when I left?", I asked.
He just looked down and said,
"The day he came to know you left he went to Anika and told her everything and said that he couldn't marry her as it would be cheating her. Two days later he was transferred as he joined into the CID. It's been five years since we met him. I just hope he comes today. ", he said and smiled weakly.

I smiled back in the same way totally in shock. He left Anika, for me.. No! He cannot! He must be in love with someone else and thus he had to get  rid of Anika. He is not to be forgiven!

Just then I turned towards the door to see a man enter of rather it was him. Abhay . He had come.. He was wearing a blue t - shirt with a white blazer over it with black jeans. His usually unruly hair was combed neatly.. So his new Girlfriend had changed him. I smiled unpleasantly to myself. He walked in and gave Anika and Sahil their anniversary gift.

" Looking at Abhay? ", asked me a very familiar voice.
It was Ranjana.
" Don't give me that unpleasant look. And for a change I married Yuvraj. He himself made sure both of us got out of the jail, taking our responsibility. He had changed.. Hasn't he? He is no more the happy boy we knew, now he is a responsible man. Nandini today I will confess, even though I have hated you all my life I will advise you one thing, don't leave him, he needs you. All of us are settled in life except him. It feels bad to see him like that, half alive. ", she said and smiled sadly. She had a better person at least.

She soon walked away. I looked at Abhay, he was talking to Anika. He hadn't noticed me. I didn't want to believe Ranjana but maybe she was true.. He really needed me.. Or maybe he not. I need to talk to him. I have to. But now it's definitely late for anything.. Late for his white horse to come around and take me with himself..