Part 3

Beautiful May morning, with the sun up in the sky, a good feeling inside – and I said to myself that that was the life I deserved to live!

I ate, had some coffee and then put some music on. After completing my daily duties that day I planned to do something I never did in my life and that was getting into some kind of research and found out as many things as I could about that band. I would take it as a relaxation, I would be a sort of detective and I planned to find out, by the end of that day, as much information as possible about the boys and tried to catch up all that I have missed during all those years.

I definitely decided not to share with anyone what I wanted to do and keep it just for myself. No one would find out about how I spent that day or about the fact that I was almost on the edge of childishness with a boy band.

Cleaning the house and doing the shopping were both done with the headsets on and One Direction playing. Song by song I got into their world - so many happy songs, they made me dance, they gave me a good mood.

I managed to read at some point a comment made by someone that their songs have something magical in them and I was not planning to deny it. I didn't know where that band has been before, but, for sure it came into my life just at the right time. It was giving me happiness and relaxation. I felt I could listen to their songs over and over again and lighten up my existence in a second.

It was not easy to catch up with the five years that have passed without me knowing about them, not even listening to one of their songs, but I knew I had the weekend just for that.

So, I was planning to take time and, step by step, to be able to find out all that I could about them. I read about their lives, I watched their movie "This is Us" and I was impressed about how Louis said he saw in the fans a part of their team – that the band, the crew and the fans were one and the same. I would have liked to be part of their team because I felt good when it came to see them or to listen to them, it was like something there that was calling me, making me determined to find out more.

I noticed their fans – most of them were kids during the beginning of the band's activity. For sure there were many extremely young ones even nowadays and I could only hope that, at least, some of them were also around their thirties as well, just like me...this made me think I still had a chance and I smiled alone. For sure, I needed to feel younger and it was nothing bad about this; I was 30 years old, nothing wrong with that and I could listen to everything that I liked.

Even so, that day was my little secret. No one needed to know that I had brighter days since I had first listened to one of their songs. People would say I would need to go back to my adult life from before. Maybe they were right, but I didn't feel like doing it. One can seek the advice of others, surround himself with trusted advisers, but in the end the decision is always his and his alone. Also, I know that when it's time to act and you're all alone, with your back against the wall, the only voice that matters is the one in your head. The one telling you what you probably already knew, the one that's almost always right.