Part 20

"Whatever is worth keeping, it is worth fighting for."

Of course I accepted her offer.

That evening, Lou offered to drive me back to the hotel and, as we were on our way, I remember her talking to me about all the things that were about to happen while on the US tour, details and people we were going to meet, plans and all sort of things. She also told me I would have to get used to the time zones, which would turn out to be difficult for me, at least at the beginning, having in view I was never under such a pressure and, moreover, I had never been to America. I was trying to pay attention to what she was saying, but, at a certain point I have to admit I lost it, as I was simply looking through the window and I know I had tears in my eyes. Tears of happiness, just imagining how my life was about to change and how many things were about to happen, it was a miracle my poor heart could still survive in my chest and was not exploding in an instant. I was thinking about the moment my mother will find out, I was thinking about my sweet Maria, back home, about my friends and Laura... She would throw a party for sure. And I smiled.

- I am afraid you'll have to quit your job from home, Miha. As soon as our course is finished you may go back to your country and solve all these things. Then you have to come back and we leave for the tour. We will take care of all the visas and papers and stuff, so you should not worry about that. You'll get to sign the contract very soon, too, Lou said waking me up from my dreams.

I just made a quick calculation and it went out I had exactly one-week time to solve all these. I was planning to call to my office the next day and announce it as soon as possible, so that when I was already back home, to have almost everything finished by then.

America... I was about to leave to America and be with Harry, daily. See him, feel him and enjoy his presence. I asked myself if he knew about all these and I could not stop wondering what his reaction was if he already found out.

The London lights were flashing in front of my eyes as Lou was driving and, I must confess, I was not very much in the mood to talk. The news Lou had brought to me were more that I could have wished for, so I just wanted to have some moments just for myself. I knew that when I would arrive in the hotel room and tell Laura, things were going to be different, so I was just looking at my city, at its beauty as I was trying to picture my life in those last weeks. So magic and so special...

After realizing Lou was almost talking to herself, I turned to her saying:

- I apologize for being so distracted, I just can't believe that what is happening to me in these days is for real. I am here with you now and I can hardly realize this is my real life and I can't get over what you've told me today. I guess a lifetime won't be enough for me to thank you for everything that you have done for me.