Part 13

The day was a busy one, exactly as I was expecting it to be. Everything that we were doing, everything that we were learning was amazing and, as the days were passing, I felt a bond was creating between me, the girls and Lou. We began to be like a little family.

She began teaching us a lot about hairstyles as well and all that I knewwas that I was working so hard, so intensely and I was involving myself ineverything that was possible, to learn as much as I could, but, also, to try toforget about Harry. I didn't like that he started to occupy a big part of my mind and that it was basically impossible for me to forget the day we met. All that I knew in those times was that I also wanted that moment to be the last one when I would have seen him, as I had the feeling that the more I was getting to know him or to talk to him, the more I was thinking about him after that and I just didn't want to complicate my existence.

As I was working completely lost in my own thoughts, I almost forgot what time it was, and I noticed Lou coming towards me and she said:

- Miha, my dear, I would like to have a word with you if you allow me. Oh, and having a look, I think you might need a break also.

I was surprised of what she might want to discuss with me, so we went out, in the garden and sat on a bench. My eyes began to hurt of not sleeping enough, of too much concentration and my back was beginning to sting a little from standing. When I laid on the bench I felt like all my bones and muscles were dissolving and, for the first time since I was in London, I felt almost exhausted. Maybe all my thoughts and the too much pressure I was putting on my body were starting to show a result.

- Miha, darling, here, have this cup of tea and let's talk for a little bit, Lou said offering me a big mug with tea which was smelling heavenly. Look at me and tell me what is going on. I mean, don't take it in a bad way, on the contrary, I want to praise you and tell you that you're one of my best students so far. I can hardly see someone working with so much devotion and concentration as you do. So this is the positive side. The less positive one would be that you forget to relax yourself and to enjoy what life is offering you in these moments. Especially for almost two days you work like a maniac and I'd like to ask you if something is wrong because I'd like to offer my support. I want you to see me as your friend, as someone you can collaborate with and I would like you could trust me from now on.

If anyone said to me a month ago Lou Teasdale would come to me and tell me all these I would have never believed it in a million years. Now, as she was sitting there next to me and talking to me the way she did, I finally began to understand that I was not myself at all. That I was beginning to act weird and this only because I was beginning to feel emotionally attached to everything – to the place, to the people and the idea of not having all those one day was completely terrifying me. I just felt it would have been a weakness from my side to confess what it was all about. Because I knew nothing was about to be done, no one could have helped me. It was just a wish of mine, a dream that I had at that time and no one else was responsible for my dreaming mind, except me.