Part 1

It was 6 o'clock in the afternoon and I had just finished work. I was so lucky – that day at least - because I didn't have to go to the office, so I remained at home. Some of the days, during the week, I could remain at home and do all my tasks from a laptop. That was one of those blessed days and I couldn't feel more relaxed in front of a cup of coffee while writing my emails. Indeed, it was such a reward because I got rid of the craziness I had to face daily on my way to work. God, they should have done something to this capital (or country maybe?)! Come on, I knew some still say it was Eastern Europe and maybe some didn't tend to care, but sometimes, going to my office was an adventure because of the traffic. And we were all feeling this deep down in our bones daily.

Don't get me wrong, I am somehow a fan of the crazy towns, but Bucharest manages to suffocate me periodically, so I needed some days just for myself.

And this was one of those days.

I used to work for this company for more than six years and. honestly, I didn't feel bored. Don't want it to sound right now like I would be selling my experience for a job interview, but, even if working in multinationals is so fashionable nowadays, I did it because I liked it. A good side of it was that I managed to interact with many people. And I am a sociable person. Still, that day, I didn't feel too sociable or friendly...

I would have felt like starting to write a book in that evening, but, somehow, I managed to abandon that dream for so many years, that I was already used to the idea of not moving a single finger for it. Well, I was not actually thinking of a novel, or at least not at that time, but I would have liked to write a story about myself, I would have liked to have the possibility to change people's lives, in the same way some others' stories have changed mine. Oh, no...and what would this mean? Talk about myself so that all of you would have got into my life and know what happened to me and everything? Did I really want this? Did I even like it? After all, I wouldn't even know what it would have been appropriate to begin with. I have never been a master in words and, the most important, I had no subject and nothing really seemed to move me in those days. All those writers whose books I discovered during the years were having such incredible material – where was I supposed to take my subject from? And cover so many pages... Neah, I was pretty sure I will never manage, so I have decided it was better to relax. "No future plans, just let life passes you by" type of plan and...maybe the book would get written by itself, who knows...

Life is beautiful – this is something I was always saying to myself. Moreover, it has been such a sunny day of May and, while I was looking throughout the window, I was telling myself that I was happy the way that I was in that very moment. Being healthy, having a job and a family who loves me. Who wouldn't be? And I should not forget about Lucky, my black puddle who loves everyone. And she is part of the family after all, as well. And yes, she really loves everybody. Every single one of all the people... Definitely, we have so many things to learn from animals. You know, I wish I could love everyone and everything the way she does. I love my family, my few real friends, books, good music, make-up and traveling. Hope I didn't forget anything. Or anybody. OK, it might sound pretty much but, still, it isn't.