Part 9

Heathrow airport - warm and sunny summer day. I arrived in London and I was so happy!

People were going by my side, some in a hurry, running, some were hugging others, crying as they said good bye, and some were laughing because their holidays had just begun. Various mixtures of feelings and I knew mine were somewhere over the rainbow because even if I had landed, my soul was still flying. So, if I should describe what I was feeling back then...uhm, I'd say peace. Yes, I felt peaceful, my soul felt peaceful and I was happy for being there. Strange, there was no fear and no anxiety in front of what I was going to meet and nothing to worry having in view everything there was new for me. I had just arrived in a town I had never visited before, I was going to meet people I knew few things about and I would live something which was totally unique for me, but which was inviting me to want to know more about.

As I took my luggage and went to the gate, I was wondering if I was going to recognize Andrew, the driver Alicia told me will wait for me at the airport. He would take me to the hotel where I would meet all the girls. I saw many people waiting and I looked around, I didn't even know what that man looked like, so I was hoping he had a note or something with my name. As I was trying to figure out where Andrew was, among all those people I noticed a small man with a note in his hands and my name on it. Andrew was around 55 years old I thought, he seemed a typical English man and he looked like a very kind person; I noticed his kind eyes, so I went straight to him.

- Hello, sir, my name is Miha, I am the girl you're waiting for. I am here for Mrs. Lou Teasdale and her course. Nice to meet you, I said quickly.

He looked a bit tired to me and I wondered if he had to wait for all the other girls from the group in other different time schedules. Even so, that kindness was still there and I liked the feeling of safety he was giving me.

- Miss, sorry, I have been lost among all these people and I didn't know where to look exactly. How good we have finally met, he tells me with a wide smile and shaking my hand. My name is Andrew Thomson and I will take care of you during your stay in London. I will be driving you to Rochester Hotel and I will make sure everything is alright with you. I am at your service.

I suddenly felt like a spoiled kid, a princess - those people have sent me a personal driver who was speaking in an amazing English accent, to take care of me and to make sure I was alright. What more could I have wished for...

As he was driving to the hotel I was falling in love – London seemed so incredibly beautiful! We were driving along the streets, along the black cabs and the red buses and I need to confess that I was about to pinch myself to know I was not dreaming. London was another world, more than I could have ever imagined from back home, so I assumed I had been placed in a different universe, where everything seemed to go like I had always dreamed – a world of order and of beauty, a world where everything seemed to be set in its own place, where the fresh air and the warm sun rays gently caressed my cheeks and I saw in the mirror that Andrew was looking at me and he was smiling: