Part 10

           "After looking without being able to find, we manage to find without looking." (Jerome K. Jerome)

"You cannot even imagine what has happened to me today!!! Why aren't you here with me? How am I going to handle this by myself? OK, I am talking alone, pathetic but... I have just arrived now in the hotel room, I need to change and then I will leave again. Guess where I am going – gosh, you won't believe it in a million years! Laura!! Are you there? Lou is taking us to a private party, as a welcome thing and we're going to meet the boys! OK, I must confess that I didn't want to send you this message because I know you'll get super agitated and everything... I don't know if I need this right now because I'm still not fully connected to what is happening to me. I have finally decided to send you this and, after, know that I'll turn off the phone because I don't want to be distracted by anything. Just promise me you'll be patient and wait for news from me. And don't send me tons of messages meanwhile!!"

Did I really want to do that? Because if I sent Laura this she would get crazy! But God, how I needed to share it with someone who felt the same way as I felt. And I knew she was the only one who really knew, who could really imagine what I was going through. She liked Louis so much and she would be exactly as I was now if she was in London, there, with me. I needed to tell everything to her... OK, no more questions. Message sent.

I looked in the wardrobe and I picked up a green dress which I thought I pretty liked how it matched with my blonde hair and my fresh painted red nails - well, I looked pretty god, even if, I have to confess I had never been very happy with the way I looked ... Maybe some kilos extra would have helped, but I guessed the secret after all is to accept ourselves the way we are and to love ourselves as it is. Important, maybe, from all that was about to happen that night was that none of the boys could have possibly fainted when they saw me – neither because I wasn't the prettiest girl in the world, neither because I was way too beautiful. I was a normal person, so, I said, that at least in that evening, I would make a good impression. Making fun of myself is mandatory, it helped me get through all that situation which I had no clue where it would lead in the end. Because I was not there to get married or to fall in love - I was there to learn and to find a new perspective in my career. My career... I sometimes thought of the job I left at home and, as the days were passing, I felt more and more far away from it. I hoped I could decide after I came back from London because, even if I had never imagined I'd say it, I didn't feel like I belonged there anymore in a way. "I have to be ready for a night out and, instead, I am looking at myself in a mirror and I am thinking of the job I have miles and miles away... why am I doing this? Oh, and look how fast the time passes; these are English people and for them being punctual is kind of mandatory." So, I took my purse and went down in the lobby.

On our way to the party many of the girls were a bit nervous, wondering how all this would look like and how we were going to be welcomed by the boys. It was cute to see that all of us made somehow an effort to look as good as possible. As far as I was concerned, I must say I just didn't know how I felt. Maybe because all that situation paralyzed me in such a way that I didn't even realize how I was feeling or where I was going from then on. The club where we were going, as they said, seemed to be a very beautiful one and I knew it was Liam's favorite place – Funky Buddha. The whole place was booked just for us and the moment I found this out I was about to turn on my phone and let Laura know but I knew that if I did this she might call me in an instant and I didn't want to talk. Being so mesmerized by everything around I didn't even realize when we arrive and, as we entered the club, we were warmly welcomed and, as we headed to our tables, I simply fell in love with the music on the background.