Part 2

The next day I couldn't believe I had fallen asleep with my phone on my chest while listening to that song. The alarm clock has reminded me it was a new day, where the fantasy had no place as long as the sun was up because we had to have - stupid I would say - that "struggle for living mood" on, a day that had to be lived outside. The dreamland one tends to escape from time to time was to be left aside...

I was feeling energetic that day, as if I had been born again, in some other dimension and, if I had never felt like that before in my entire life, I wouldn't know how to explain it. I said to myself that was just an impression of the moment, so I went out of the bed.

"Miha, move it on and get dressed for work", I said to myself, while looking in the mirror. I liked what I saw - I had that calm look which made it obvious I had slept enough. My eyes were all light, so I offered myself a smile. The freckles on my cheeks were somehow smiling back so I giggled a bit - "You, freckled one out there, you can make it!"

My breakfast was about to be a delicious one, I was having all the time in the world, so some scrambled eggs, two sandwiches and a hot coffee with milk were supposed to make me fly during that day, until I was coming back home again. I was feeling it would be an amazing day that day, didn't know why, but I took a shower, I got dressed and I embraced the life as it was. I had almost forgotten about the song which kept me company almost all the evening. After all, I had better things to do, so why would I ever make a song mean so much to me? It was stupid – life was there, in front of me, I didn't need those distractions to keep me aside.

After about an hour and a half of changing buses and underground transports I managed to arrive at work. I didn't put my bag on the desk properly, that in the next moment, I heard a voice coming straight to me, with sweetness. Oh, I knew it...

- Miha, well good morning, you princess, finally I see you this week, said Oana, one of my closest colleagues and one of the warmest souls I knew. You look stunning, I haven't seen you shining like this for ages. Anything you'd like to tell me?

Where was she having that sixth sense from I didn't know. Or how she managed to spot every tiny detail from the very first place. Still, it was 9 o'clock in the morning and all I really needed was my second cup of coffee in that very moment.

Oana was amazing and, together with two other colleagues, we were a small group of friends. These people were giving me a daily "I can be myself around you" feeling. She had that type of kind heart, the person who always managed to leave herself aside and take care of the ones next to her if the case. She had the capacity of lighting up my days and I felt thankful for having her around. She was like my sister which I never had, we were always sharing our lunches and coffees or simply our impressions upon life.

My experience has taught me it was not easy at all to find a friend in the workplace – some years ago I was almost believing with all my heart in some people and suddenly, when my father died they all turned their back at me. Just because I was becoming useless and a complete lack of fun person. But that was a long ago and, maybe I shouldn't make this a general statement, I could not see that the only ones who have been by my side ever since then, have been my childhood friends, the three musketeers, as I like to call them – Lydia, Mary and Mony and some of the girls I met since I work for this company. After all the story with my father, I have become skeptical with friendships at work, but Oana managed to somehow turn off that pessimistic belief.