Part 17

OK, I need to remain stuck on this chair for the rest of the day and someone throw cold water on me, please, please, because I keep on reading the message over and over again and I am asking myself "Is this for real? Harry really did this?" I need to be pinched or something. But yes, it was happening.

You know, I cannot believe women can be so dumb sometimes; not all of them, just me in this case. "It is just a message!" I said to myself as I was trying to bring myself back to life again. I know it is from the man that woke up something special in me, that made me feel something I almost forgot to feel for quite a long time, but still... These being said, I could summarize my reaction in this way: my ears stopped, my brain was spinning into a storm of some kind, my cheeks were turning into a volcano, as I felt them more than red and I was practically realizing I was just sitting there, like a complete idiot, with the phone in my hand, staring at it. I must have looked completely hilarious, as Lou came close to me and said:

- Miha, are you alright? Do you need a glass of water, anything? We're about to begin. Is everything alright? You keep on looking at your phone for some time and I am worried, did you get any bad news or anything?

I raised my head and the only thing which I could clearly think about in those very seconds was the fact that, for anything in the world, I didn't want Lou to find out the reason I was looking the way I did – and which was way too obvious – just because Harry sent me a message. I needed to calm down. Very weird was the fact that I only calmed down when I was next to him. In all the other circumstances, I was not acting my age and I started to feel ashamed of myself at a certain point. Thank God I wasn't worse when I was in front of him, as it would all have been a disaster...

I urgently needed to let Laura know – know that what we planned a day before will have to wait a bit, to know that for I didn't know how many times, she was right again with what she said. 

- I'm... I have... I mean, Lou, I'm sorry, may I go out and make a phone call very quick? I have to cancel something; do you mind if I go out a bit? I promise to be back quickly.

- Sure, don't worry. Take your time and just let me know if there's anything I can do for you, Lou told me and for an instant I had the impression she was looking at me as if I was some kind of alien, sitting there, in front of her, naked eventually.

As I got out of the building, I called Laura who answered me half asleep:

- No better moment to call me, just as I was dreaming I was eating icecream on a top of a mountain with the boys and...