Part 18

There was nothing I could see in front of me but his eyes and the way he was smiling at me. It seemed the whole world stopped and there was no one on this planet except me and him. I do not know if this was supposed to mean I was completely in love or I was on my way to be so, but I felt like my whole body was covered in some sort of flame which gave me a sense of happiness. I felt easy, like a leaf and protected in the same time. Protected by his eyes, protected by his hands which I could see at a certain point that would have loved to touch mine, but he just didn't dare to do so. Or, at least, this was my impression and I liked to believe it was just something I would have wished to happen, it was not the reality. It was just easier for me like that...

Of course, that in a certain moment I tried to thinkof what was actually going on because we had only met few times before and, ashe was looking at me, I was seeing something indescribable in his eyes. Anyhow, I could not think too straight in those moments; the whole scene must have lasted few seconds, but for me it seemed like an eternity, like I would have flown over the whole sky and I would have hugged all the stars in the same time.

- Thank you, Harry, that's...very nice of you, really. But... you kinda make me blush, so... why don't we just try to drive along and have a walk? I said without even realizing where those words came from, but I guess it happened because I was beginning to get shy and I think my cheeks were burning a little bit.

- Oh, I'm sorry, didn't mean to embarrass you or anything, he said and smiled. I just said what I see in front of my eyes. And I like what I see and I am sure you know this. Maybe I did it too fast, I know, but I just felt like doing so, so it came out just like this.

- Don't worry. I like what you told me, I mean it's nice, just that it took me by surprise. But it is a nice surprise, so I shouldn't complain, I said and smiled back, wanting to lay my head on his shoulder, as he was driving along. 

I also desired to stop the time and stay like that for the rest of my life. I wished I could have stood still and look at him the whole evening. Harry was the most beautiful man I have ever seen in my life, he had something magnetic that was exploding from all his being and I finally understood why so many women and girls were fascinated by his simple presence. 

There were moments when I kept on asking myself why he looked for my presence in these last days and it just came to my mind that what made him do so was the fact that, for me, he was not the famous person most of the people used to stop in the streets to have photos with or to take autographs from. When I was next to him, I felt calm and happy and I could not see him as many others used to see him, I don't know why. I think he felt this and he was more opened towards me. At least this was the only thing that could come up to my mind in that evening and in the days that followed.