5

It turns out Katherine goes to the same college as me which is a huge suprise. I bumped into her on my way out to the coffee shop and we were both startled. I guess I have a friend now at school! I'm currently on my way with her to grab some donuts because why not?

"I saw you at Brewer two days ago talking with some guy. Who's he?" Katherine asked as she grabbed a sprinkled donut from the box. We're outside the donut shop at some tables.

"Oh I don't know. He offered me coffee. Which I accepted." I lie of course. I definitely know "the guy."

"I know you did. Saw you walking out with him and that coffee." She takes a bite off her donut. She covers her mouth before she talks, "He seems like someone that always offers coffee to a pretty girl."

"That's what I told him." I said a little astonished, it's like Katherine is my twin.

"You did?" A little piece of donut fall from her mouth and we both laugh.

"Ew." I comment and just lightly laugh.

"Well what did he say?"

"He said that he's not the type to do that."

"But I don't know. Like four days ago, I think, I saw him with another girl." I shrug and take a sip of some strawberry milk I bought along with the donuts.

"Ah. Wait- the day I met you?" She asks and places her arms on the table.

"Yeah."

"Is that why you were crying?"

"No." My answer sounded more of a question.

"Yes it was! I can tell you're lying." Her hand smacks the table for emphasis that she is in fact- correct.

"Okay fine. Yes it was." I put my donut down and rub my arm with my hand.

"So does this mean you already knew this guy?"

"I've liked him for a while now. He always comes by Brewer every morning." I admit to her and it feels good to tell someone how I feel.

"And you guys haven't talked at all?"

"Nope." I lower my head in shame.

"So you've been like watching him?"

"Is that creepy?" I clear my throat, I feel so on the spot.

"I find it adorable. Stalker-ish but it's cute that you have an interest in a guy."

"Thanks Kathy. I've never told anyone this before."

She awws and places her hand over her heart smiling so bright, "You think he's cute?"

"Hell yeah he is." Did I really just say that involuntary? I feel myself heating up.

As if a miracle, a fresh gust of air blows against our faces. Our hair waving around. I get relaxed now.

"Well you should never judge a book by it's cover."

Short chapter. Sorry I haven't updated, since I haven't updated the rank of this book went from the 300's to 900's. Yikes. Let's try to get that back