Chapter 5

Autumns pov.

"I grabbed your plate." Hunter said and came to sit next to me on the bench table. He wrapped his arm around my waist. Normally I would have shoved the guy off but...I dont know. I felt bad for hunter,he was a good friend and probably would make a great boyfriend. Just not for me...but is still couldnt seem to hurt him like that.

I ignored how he was getting so confortable being this close. "Um thanks."

"Dont mention it." He smiled charmingly and I nodded awkwardly before turning my attention back to my friends.

Its been about 2 weeks since we've been here. We were sitting outside at the tables under the night sky,It was dinner time.

Raven noticed Hunters arms wrapped around me and wiggled her eye brows.

I glared back and kicke dher under the table. Or atleast attempted to.

"Ow! Did you just kick me?" Jace said rubbing his now soar leg. "What the hell man!"

Toby and Raven burst out laughing knowing why and what i had meant to do.

Everyone chatted on about Gabriel's lake. It cought my attention.

"Gabriel's lake? Whats that about?" I asked and noticed how everyone but Raven tensed. She shared the same confsed look i wore.

"Its a lake right past thoes trees." Toby pointed behind the main building. "No one goes there. It seems peaceful and all but..."

"But what?" I pushed.

"But its not the place to go swimming. 1O students whent for a swim back in the late 1900s and never came back to the top. Weird things happen in there. Only a few have made it out...no one is nute to try again."

I couldnt help but laugh. "Please! Thats gotta be a stupid rumor the staff made up to keep students out of there! I was on the swim team back home, I so gotta try this."

"No! Dont you dare. Dont even try steping anywhere near it." Hunter siad and i'd never seen him so serious. I looked around and realized everyone was on edge.

"Fine, whatever." I huffed and the table whent back to talking about anything but the mysterious disapearance of thoes students.

I couldnt help but wonder about that lake everyone was freaking out about.

Hours later we were all sitting at the steps of the main building.Everyone was all holding their other half and staring up at the stary night.

Everyone but me of course. I was forver alone!

I felt someone sit down next to me, and lay an arm around my shoulder. I shrugged it off.

"Hey,Im sorry about bossing you around about that stupid lake." Hunters voice said and I stared at the ground letting him continue. "I dont know weither thoes stories are true or not but no ones risked finding out and I dont want you getting hurt."

I thought about it. "Ok."

I looked back up and I was happy for my best friend.

They were sitting behind one another,arms locked and lips moving together. It wasnt a hungry kiss but more sweet and gentle. Anyone watching would know they cared about each other.

A pang filled my chest and I looked away. Why couldnt I have something like that too?

Would I ever?

"Autumn you ok?" Hunters voice snapped me out of my train of thought.

"Yeah im fine"

Truth was I needed to clear my head from everything thats happened in the lest few weeks, An idea hit and I held on to it.