Chapter 18

Raven's Pov

Toby took my hand in his as we walked out of the cafe and all I could think about was Autumn.

"Do you like sports?" Toby asked randomly

"For this time of year? Baseball...I miss it, I haven't watched a game in the longest time."

"Good, then we have something to do today!" Toby said excitedly

"Baseball game?" I looked over to him hoping he would say yes.

He nodded his head and I smiled. "Game starts at 3, we better get going." He said walking toward Mr. Finkle.

"Dresses like this?" I asked as I mounted the horse.

"I will buy you a jersey there." He laughed.

"Who is our home team? And how are the players?" I asked curiously

"The Mystic Monsters, and pretty good."

The statium was pretty close to the school, Toby said they have conserts and other stuff there. We walked though the gates and saw various people, many looked my age, but there were a few who looked as if they actually aged.

"What size?" Toby asked holding what looked like one of the most expensive jerseys in the store.

"Medium."

He put the jersey down on the counter and paid for it, something around fifty bucks! "It's only a shirt, Toby! I would have been happy with the 15 dollar one!"

"You deserve it." He handed it to me as I put it over my black and red stiped shirt. The team colors were gray and red.

"Thanks, sweetie." I said as I kissed his cheek, he smiled and put his arm around my waist.

"Hungry?"

"Nah, I usually eat around the fith."

"Alright, our seats are right down here." Toby said leading me down to the main level right infront of first base, close enough to see the players every small movement.

"No way! This is awesome!"

Toby laughed at how excited I was. He sat down next to me as we watched the players warm up on the field.

"You ever go to a game before, Toby?"

"Once or twice." He confessed to me.

"You are gonna love it, we are so close up we can mess with the players and they will actually be able to hear us. And they might throw us a foul ball!" I realized I was getting a bit over exited.

The game started, and I realized how diferent this was from baseball back home. The baseballs look like some sort of vital organ, and the bat was a weapon of choise. One guy had an oversized candle stick, another had a leg...

"HEY! HEY YOU! GUY IN THE GIANT CLUB! YEAH YOU! WHY DONT YOU LEARN HOW TO HIT A BALL BEFORE PLAYING WITH THE BIG BOYS!" I shouted out to one of the other team's players, the people around me cheered for the comment I made.

"Do you want to get us killed?!" Toby laughed

"Seems like a fun way to die." I joked. "Go ahead, try it."

"MY GRANDMOTHER CAN SWING THAT BAT BETTER THAN YOU AND SHE IS 102!" Toby shouted, the bater gave us the death stare as he walked back to the dougout.

"THINK YOU"RE SO TOUGH! BRING IT ON! I CAN TAKE YOU ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!" I shouted at I stood up out of my seat, edging him on.

He shook his hand as if saying yeah right. "OH! SO YOU DOUBT ME! OR ARE YOU JUST SCARED TO GET YOUR ASS KICKED BY A GIRL?"

He walked right up to me and smiled evily, and I smiled right back, Toby's hand grabbed mine, but didn't pull me back.