Chapter 17: Abilities

It's been about two weeks since we got back, and that's about the amount of time it took for Aran to forgive me too. She finally caved when I offered her free ramen. The ramen filled her up but emptied my wallet (R.I.P. wallet. T^T). Over the course of these two weeks, I've been training my tail off. I realized how much strength I actually have, so I've learned to control how much I actually exert. I also trained Aran in chakra control and such, so she's caught up to speed.

"Taiga, the Hokage requests you. Oh, and Aran'll be participating in the Chunin exams.", Kakashi announced to me and Aran. Aran was finally  put in a team after she graduated from the academy. They let her out early because of me and Kakashi's teachings to her, and the squad they put her in was, in the end, team 7. "Now, because the teams for the Chunin exams have to have 3 or less people, Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke will be on one team, and you two on another.", he handed us some forms and left. Aran waved me off shortly after as I left to the Hokage's office.

--

I knock on the door lightly. "Who is it and what is your business?" "Yooo its me old man. Open the door before I pop open this tin can.", I hear a low sigh. "Come in Taiga.", I oblige and open the door, shut it behind me, and plop on the chair in front of him. "So, whazzup?"

"Whatever that means. Anyways, I must first confirm, you still are able to know the future, correct?", I nod. " Well, I need you to tell me, do you know of anything important that's going to happen during the Chunin exams?", I stiffen. My mouth a gape loosely, as sweat trickles down my face. Memories of this event flow through my brain like water rapids. I bite my lip, the irony taste of blood invades my tongue.

"L-lord Hokage...do you really want to know..?" "I do." , I hesitate for a short moment. Taking a breath, I finally come to answering. "First, there's going to be the second trial of the exams. That's where everything's going to go bad. The teacher who is going to be conducting this portion of the test is going to notice that three corpses of shinobi who are supposed to be in the exam have been found. These shinobi had died because of ...", I paused. "Because of...?", he questioned. "Orochimaru. He's after Sasuke Uchiha. Naruto nor Sakura will be able to stop what he's going to do to him. He's going to give him a curse mark, which is going to effect him majorly. "

He continued listening through the whole story. "After all of that, the Kazekage of the Village hidden in the Sand who would be at the preliminaries, is in fact not the Kazekage at all. He's Orochimaru, and the cause...for your death.." ,he was contemplating this extremely hard. I don't blame'em.

"How did I die?"

"I'm afraid I don't remember the details, but you protected this village with your life. You become a respected hero to all shinobi. This is why I've always respected you as a leader. Now, if you'll excuse me.", I began to get up from the chair until, "One more thing Taiga, your friend... Aran, does she know any of this? I know for a fact she came from your original world." "She doesn't. And id like to keep it that way if you please.", he simply nodded and let me go.

--

"So, what did cone beard want??", Kakashi almost choked on his ramen. "Aran! Do not disrespect the Hokage that way!" "Mah bad." , she apologized sarcastically. "Umm...nothing much. He just wanted to discuss some of the skills you've obtained, that's all." "Oh, you mean her ability to practically shoot chakra just by thinking about it, her gaining even more chakra by being tired, and the odd ability to tame raccoons..??" "yup."

"Well, I can see why. Those skill are still extremely strange."

"Thanks.", Aran responds gladly