Chapter 18: Daddy Material

Gaara should be showing up soon. Kakashi said that tomorrow is the day he's going to tell the others about the exam.

After a pretty good lunch with Kakasahi, me and Aran decided to head home for a much needed nap. We decided to take a backroad home, when a familiar color comes into view, making me stop in my tracks. "If this is who I think it is, I'm going to scream.", and speak of the devil, he shall appear. Gaara of the sand. He was leaning on a wooden fence about three meters away from us. Play it cool, play it cool.

I stroll over to him as casually as I possibly can, Aran siting on a nearby bench. I stand right next to him and lean on the same fence. "What do you want?", he asked bluntly. I relaxed my face. "Gaara of the sand. So, I see you're here for the exams."

"How do you know my name?"

"I know a lot about you. Such as that gourd on your back contains sand that you don't even control, but rather, the one-tail.", that caught his attention really fast. Sand rushes at me at a remarkable speed and hardens around my torso, but I didn't flinch. Aran go up almost at the speed of the sand, sternly staring at Gaara with intent to kill.

"Another thing that I know about you, Gaara, is that you were treated like a monster in your village, am I correct?", the sand hardened and tightened on me. "I'm not here to cause trouble. I'm here to become your friend."

"Friend? I don't need friends.", his glare pierced me.

"So harsh, Gaara. Aren't you tired of being alone?", the sand loosened around me ever so slightly, but not enough to let me go. He contemplated my offer. He finally dropped the sand. "Whatever. Just don't bother me, or I will kill you."

"And I believe you, the name's Taiga. Oh, and one more thing, before the exams, try not to cause any trouble, and during the exams, be careful.", I stand as I hear Temari and Kankuro arrive. "Well, Gaara, tchau!", I wave him off and run with Aran back home.

--

"The chunin exams, are they going to be hard?", Aran asked me.  Should I tell her..? Well, she is my best friend after all. "For the exams, there are going to be four rounds: The test, the Forest of Death, the preliminaries, and the actual battle. During the test, do not answer a single question. Also, do not leave the room when he gives the offer, or else we are out of the exams. For the forest of death, we need to follow a team that has the opposing scroll as us, while also keeping our distance from Naruto and the others. This is going to be one of the most difficult rounds of the exams, but I think we'll manage.", she listened fully.

 "For the preliminaries, you will have to fight someone that is chosen by a type of ... lottery? Anyway its chosen by random. I think, by how the anime was, it'll go by the way it was originally chose, meaning that it will likely be us to fight against each other." "What?! Then I'm dropping out!" "No the hell you're not. You are going to stay in this chunin exam. I will gladly give up my chance of winning because I know I'm still going to be leveled up to chunin soon enough.", she contemplated for a moment. "fine. but we'll actually be fighting each other. Meaning that I'm going to do my best bitch.", I grabbed her hand. "Fight me, bitch.", we then laughed it off and went to bed for the night.

--

The day progressed as normal. Kakashi called the group to explain about the exams today.

I arrived with the Sensei as usual, making everyone wait. "Sakura's pissed Sensei~", I said as we were walking. "Probably Naruto too, but they'll get over it."

Kakashi poofed us on top of an arch type thing, and I jumped off Kakashi's back and right back next to him. "Hey guys, good morning! Sorry we're late, afraid we got lost on the path of life.", Aran, me, and Kakashi said in unison.