Chapter 11

I'm sitting here, holding this girl's hand for the very first time ever, and I am so proud of myself.  This is really a good start.  She usually pulls away whenever I do that.  However, she's different today.  For a guy like me, I'm pretty patient with this girl, and I am really surprised with myself now.  I usually make my moves the same day I meet a girl.

I scooted closer to Jessica in the process of turning on the television.  I rested my arm around her, hoping she wouldn’t shrug it off.  This time, I am definitely lucky, she stayed still, but I can't keep on pushing my luck.  I might end up having a hand mark on my face later.

Nat Geo.  Why was this channel the first one to show?  This show is Jessica’s favorite channel, but I really hate this one.  Who cares about the history of whatever animal or the way the live anyway?

“Lions! Cute,” she moved closer to me, removing her black pumps and tucking her feet underneath her butt.  She moved her head closer to me.  I thought she was already going to kiss me, but she took a sip from my cup.

“Hey, that's mine,” I tickled her.

She giggled, “Hey, you have no right to refuse to share that to me. I bought that, remember?”

She gave me her sweetest “revenge” smile.  I sighed.  Watching her all day is more than enough.  Her hazelnut eyes are definitely sparkling today, like she saw someone special.  I pushed her brown hair from her face and tucked them behind her ear.

“You are so beautiful,” I didn't attempt to kiss her though.  She might slap me hard, but I want to tell her something very special right now.

“Jessica.”

“Yes?”

“I love you,” I chuckled.

“I already know that. I love you too,” she punched and leaned on my shoulder.

I wonder why I don't have that urge of holding her, unlike what I felt with the other girls.  I think I want to marry her.

“Michael,” She looked at me with her sweet hazel eyes.

“Yes, sweetheart?”

“Nothing,” she smiled.

“You just want to look at me, don't you?” I laughed.

“Feeler,” she punched my lightly.

“Am I not right?”

She just rolled her eyes.  I am definitely right.  After this little session, we continued watching those what she called “cute” lions.  I will definitely marry this girl.

-Michael Price, 24 years old