Chapter 28

*BeebeepBeebeep*

I woke up and checked my cellphone.  10 new messages and all are from my dad, my phone vibrated again, this time it's from Maureen.

Hey, Hail.  I'm okay, just drunk from last night, I don't think I'll be there soon.  You guys go first, Blake's staying with me so maybe Drake will fetch you.  Don't worry about me.

I shook my head and read the text again.  Yes, I read it right.  She was drunk but she never drinks!  Maybe Blake brought her to a bar but where did he bring her after?

I checked my father's messages.

Hey Hallie, I know you'll see this when you wake up.  I called our computer expert, he hacked Ireland's list of people.  There's noone named Blake Flynn but there's a Rose Flynn.  Do you think he gave you his pen name?

That's possible but why did he not change his surname?  Next message.

Our computer geek just hacked Ireland's police's website, there were already previous cases of murder, all victims are foreigners.  Do you think the guys are the suspects?

Oh my.  Most of the texts are like those.  Maybe these are the guys.

I went to do my morning routine and found the others all awake but no Maureen.  Cathy went to use the bathroom, I made my way to Nikki.  She likes mystery stuffs.

"Maureen is really in trouble." I told her.  I showed her the texts Maureen and my dad texted me.

"Those guys." Nikki exclaimed.

"Yes, they may be lurking around this hotel at this time, waiting for us to come out. In short, we're trapped."

"Sheesh, we came here to enjoy then this suddenly happens."

I know.  All of us came here to enjoy.  I, myself tend to blame Maureen for this but what can we do?  It's already done, all we can do is to keep ourselves safe and find Maureen.  If I were in her shoes, I'd be terrified already by now.

Cathy went out with only her bathrobe on, "Guys, where's my toothbrush?"

"It was just there a while ago." I said, puzzled.

"Huh? It's not here."

I stood up and went to the bathroom.  I didn't see any signs of her toothbrush, "That's odd, it was just here awhile ago, seriously."

"But, where did it go?" Cathy scratched her head.

"Maybe it was flushed down her toilet."

"What?!"

Yvette and Nikki went in.  "It disappeared?" Yvette asked.

"Yes."

"Just buy a new one later." Nikki said.

"Fine." Cathy snorted.

I walked out of the bathroom and found the other rooms empty.

"Hey, where's Tiffany?" I asked, alarmed.

"She asleep again when you were talking to me." Nikki said, stretching her arms.

I rummaged the crumpled quilts of the beds, no signs of Tiffany.

"She's gone." I mumbled.

"No, that's impossible." Nikki ran towards me.

"Maybe someone got Cathy's toothbrush to distract us and abduct Tiffany?"

This can't be happening.  How did they open the door?  Did they get the key from the conceirge?  Why did the concierge give them the key?  What did they tell them?

We need to solve this case fast.  I doubt that the detectives are not solving this case.

-Hallie Price, 18 years old