Chapter 30

First Maureen, blame her stupidity. Who in the world told her to trust that guy?! Well, I don't blame Hallie for defending her but Maureen thinks every people on this world are all the same trustable kind. This proves her wrong but she doesn't have have drag us in to get involved with her games. 

Second Tiffany, she already knows that these guys are doing these stuffs and she dared to open that door. Sheesh. Also an idiot, can't she even learn from others' mistakes? 

Who's next? Nikki? She'll ran off with that other long haired freaking guy? I bet she will. 

Hallie suddenly spoke up while I was arguing with my thoughts. 

"I have a plan." she made sure that there were spying devices around us. 

"What's up?" Yvette asked. 

"We separate then get a extreme makeover." 

"Separate. You have a great point with that but are you sure that this is a good idea?" I made sure that she's sure. 

"Yes and I said extreme, which means you need to become a different person." Hallie answered confidently. 

"Okay then." I grabbed my bag and started walking out the door. 

"Hey! Wait!" Yvette yelled but I ignored her, for the first time. 

"Let her be, she's pretty cranky today." Hallie stooped her, good thing she reads my mind. 

I walked out the hotel and started walking straight and I'm going to do that until I find a salon. I kept on walking and thinking at the same time. 

I'm always like this when it comes to this group. Why am I this way anyway? Why can't I accept the fact that they're like that and I can't do anything about it? Why am I so hard-hearted? Why can't I accept change? Is it because of my deeply buried past? 

My past. I've never told anyone about it, I don't want to earn people's attention because of sympathy but because of who I am. Sometimes I find myself crying when I'm alone, I can't believe the past can still make this impact in the present. 

My sister, a seven years older than me, she used to play with me when we were young. We'd make origamis, bake cookies, paint our faces and the things that kids usually do. 

Time passed by, we became more distant, she found herself a boyfriend, a guy who goes to bars, drinks, smokes and gamble. Yes, they were madly in love with each other, my sister was blinded by love. Of course, our parents found out and became really furious. Our house became a battlefield, mean and hurtful words were shooting across the rooms like snipers and all I can do was either to watch or to lock myself in my room. Obviously, I picked the room. I'd run to room, lock the door and hug my knees as I listened to the racket downstairs. Words that I've never heard, words that were supposed to be eliminated, words that were supposed to be censored were now heard and used. After a moment, silence would invade the house then you would my sister's stomping of the feet and slamming of door. Actually, we share the same room, the other is our parents' and the other is my brother's. She would mumble some kind of curses and wait until everyone's asleep then she'll start crawling out of the window to see her "beloved". This happens almost like everyday, I tried to stop her but she told me to mind my own business and pointed her pocket knife on my cheek. 

There was this day when everything was worse than before, I don't know why because I hid in my room again. My sister stormed to the bedroom with her eyes full of tears, hurt and hatred. She got her backpack and started throwing things inside, clothes and her personal stuffs in particular. 

"Where are you going?" the innocent me asked. 

"Away." she said coldly. 

"Where?" 

"Stop asking. I'll miss you very much, you little tiger. Now go to sleep." she said hugging me really tight. Tears escaped her eyes, "very very much" she mumbled softly. "I don't want to leave you but they give me no choice." 

I hugged her back, also very tightly, "No, don't go away. Don't leave me here. I don't want to face those nightmares alone." 

I heard her cry harder, she didn't let go, neither did I but after a few, she untangled herself and sang a lullaby. 

I woke up the next day finding an empty bed beside me. 

Starting that time, I started to feel insecure, my sister was always there when I have problems, when I'm lonely. I waited for her to come back but she didn't. 

I shook that thought away and saw a posh salon, looks expensive, I hope it's worth the price. I went in and I was greeted by the Irish here. 

I grabbed a magazine and sat in the waiting area. The girl called me and led me to the chair. The hairdresser came out and started asking what I want. 

I told him I want to have an extreme makeover. 

"Would you like to cut it short?" he asked. 

"Sure, I like the one like Rihanna's, the one she used when she filmed the Battlefield." 

"Oh. The bad girl type." he readied everything and started cutting.

He turned the chair around, letting me face the mirror.  My side bangs were cool, there were short loose strands at the sides and my hair were just an inch below the hairline.

"Cool, I like it, can you dye my hair with dark brown?" I asked.

"Sure." he did his job then after an hour.  Voilå.  After an hour, my hair was already brown.  I payed for the service and left a tip for the hairdresser, I went to the comfort room and threw on some make up.  Dark eyebrows, dark eyeliner and light lipstick.

I went to the store beside the salon, there were tons of clothes.  I bought a sundress, a pink scarf and a light purple coat and changed into them.  I walked out confidently as a different person.

I walked to the nearest cafe and ordered a hot chocolate and a croissant.  I went to sit at the empty plush chair near the window.  I saw someone went in, a blonde girl with a Hermes bag and she ordered the same thing, hot chocolate and a croissant.  She looks like she's in her 20's and she looks like me.  Could it be?

-Cathy Collins, 17 years old