Chapter 26

"I'm going for a walk." I grabbed my coat.

"Okay, be careful." Yvette said.

I went down the elevator and walked along the sidewalk.  There was a light rainfall, I put my hood up and started walking.  My hands were inside my pockets, fidgetting with my cellphone and my itouch.  I walked upto the bridge and leaned forward, I looked at the river and thought about what the guys were talking about.

Strawberries and blender.  Are they even going to make strawberry juice?  Nah, impossible.  That must be some code.  Strawberries.  Farm?  Fruits?  Pink?  Red?  Pink, girls?  Girls, us?!  How about blender?  Electronic?  Knives?  Blades?  Nah, food?  Impossible.  Why do I keep on thinking about food lately anyway?  Knives, trouble?!

Are we in trouble?  I need to call dad as soon as possible.

I dialed dad's cellphone number.

*bzzbzz*

"Hello?"

"Dad!" my voice was blended with panic.

"Why honey? What's wrong?" his voice was already worried.

"Actually, on our first day here, Maureen bumped into some guy named Blake Flynn, try to check him out. He toured us around Dublin then dropped us at Dublin castle. I overheard them talking about strawberries in the blender. I concluded that strawberries mean us girls and blender means trouble."

"Okay, I'll let them check it out. Good thing you told me soon enough, just don't trust them."

"Okay, thanks dad."

"Be careful."

It's getting colder now, looks like I need to go back to the hotel.  I back tracked my steps then went back to the room.  It was already 9 P.M. and Maureen's not yet here.

"Guys!" I said as I opened the door, I guess they sensed the fear I'm feeling.  I admit it, I'm a strong person but when it comes to these things, I'm afraid.

"What's wrong?" Cathy jumped up.  She usually doesn't act this when I shouted.  Looks like she also doubts the guys.

"It's the guys. Where's Maureen?"

"She's not yet back, I guess she's planning to sleep with Blake or maybe she already did." Tiffany got shocked.

"This is bad. She could be drugged or worst, killed." I said.

"Wait, explain first. There must be some misunderstandings." Nikki said.

"Okay, I overheard them talk about strawberries in the blender. It would be impossible for them to plan about blending strawberries. I concluded that strawberries are us and blender is trouble."

"Oh, that's truly possible, I can see that in them, expect for that Hanzel dude but we still can't trust them." Cathy crossed her arms.

I just nodded.  I tried calling Maureen but my calls were diverted to voice mails.  Oh no, she never not answer her calls.  She's in trouble.

"Maureen's in trouble."

"How sure can you be?" Cathy asked again.

"She always answer my calls even if she's busy or what."

"We better report it."

"Not yet, we need to wait for 24 hours."

Yvette got an apple and took a bite, "Why did we even get into this? I came here to enjoy!"

"All of us did!" Nikki exclaimed.

"Blame Maureen. I told her not to trust that man but she didn't listen. She's hard headed." Cathy rolled her eyes and threw her arms.

"Cathy, there's noone to blame, Maureen didn't expect him to be like that." I said sternly.

"Hallie, remember what our parents used to say? 'Don't talk to strangers.' Don't tell me her parents didn't tell her that." Cathy argued.

"But he was friendly, he sounded like a friend, how could Maureen possibly know what's coming?"

"I don't care."

"Shut up both of you." Yvette yelled, "Arguing won't solve this case."

"Fine." Cathy rolled her eyes.

How in the world can we find Maureen?  Oh, why did you do this to us?

-Hallie Price, 18 years old