Chapter 29

Someone knocked on the door, I looked out the peep hole and found Drake standing outside with a bouquet of orange tulips.  I slipped out of the door quietly, "Drake, what are you doing here?"

"Nothing, I'm just taking you out." he smiled and gave me the bouquet.

I smelled the bouquet, it was sprayed with some fruity perfume, sweet.

"Woah, what did you say?" I put stress in every word when I said it.

"I said you are beautiful." he started to pull me towards the elevator.

"Hey! Wait! Did I already say yes?" I started screaming.

"Shh." he pressed a finger on my lips and pressed the elevator button.

I stared at him, he has this green flashy eyes that everyone falls for, like Maureen's.  I thought about what Hallie said last night but I didn't think that Drake would be like that.  He looks innocent, sweet and sincere.  His spiky blonde hair was flat today, like Hanzel's.

The elevator doors opened and we entered, he pressed "G" then it started going down.  "Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"It's a surprise."

Surprise.  I hate that word, it makes me jumpy but I remained patient.  This time, I asked a stupid question that I shouldn't have asked but it's a good thing Drake didn't suspect anything.

"Hey, where's Maureen?" I asked curiously.

"Maureen? Probably still with Blake." he said.

"Oh."

The elevator doors opened and we stepped out.  He led me to his car, which is an Expedition, Ford, the newer edition.  He held the door open for me and I buckled up.  He started the car and drove away.

"Why an Expedition? Not a sports car?" I asked.

"Because having a sports car is useless, only two can ride it. What if I already have a family? Where will my kids sit?" he clarified.

"You have a point there." I nodded.

"Of course I do. By the way, I'll bring you somewhere exciting and far, you better sleep first." he chuckled.

"Wait a minute!" I jumped.

"What? What's wrong?" he asked.

"Doofus! I'm still in my jammies!" I shouted frantically at him.

"Oh yeah, I forgot." he started snickering.

"Stop laughing or I'll get out of this car." I threatened him.

"You can't get out of this car."

"Oh yes I can." I opened the car door.

"Hey! Close that door! Fine, I'll stop at the mall." he gave in.

"Good."

Drake stopped by at a nearby mall.  I looked at the directory and saw Next, the store where I buy most of my clothes online.

"Oh my! Next!" I squealed.

"Next where?"

"There!" Then I ran off.

He looked confused and ran after me.  I entered a store which has a "NEXT" sign.

"Woah. That's expensive." he said.

I didn't listen to him, I got a basket and started to shop.  I grabbed a blue crochet top linen blend dress, a pair of ivory strappy wedges, a brown cardigan, a white mock cardigan layer, a pair of flower wedges, two pairs of designer jeans, a cowl print tunic, a ruffled shell top and more blouses, jackets and dresses.  Drake needed to get another basket for these items to fit.  "Don't you think you put too much?" he looked at the pile of clothes.

"Hm, everything looked good." I put the pile on the table, beside the cashier.

I noticed the person behind the cashier was shocked and skeptical.  I got my wallet (I brought my bag when I slipped out, I don't know why actually) and showed my credit card then she started punching the items.

I went to the nearest comfort room and picked a superdry white/pink check shirt, a skinny jeans and the ivory strappy wedges.  Drake's jaw dropped when I walked out.  "Beautiful." he said smiling.

We walked side by side when we went to the parking lot, he tried the grab my hand but I pulled back.  We continued our journey, I saw many restaurants pass by and my stomach started to growl.  I remebered that I didn't have breakfast yet.  Drake seemed to notice it because he drove to the closest American style restaurant.  I ordered bacon and eggs and he ordered egg benedict.  When the order came, I practically scarfed everything down, along with the fresh creamy milk.

"We're way off our schedule." Drake complained.

"Who told you to drag me out?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Come on, let's get going." Drake paid the bill and dragged me out.

"Stop pulling!" I growled.

He opened the door and pushed me in, he got something from the back of the car then threw it to me.  It hit my face then I realized that it was a soft feathered pillow.  He started driving and I started nodding off. I fell asleep and while doing so, I felt Drake touch my cheeks and mumbled, "Pretty little girl."

Little?!  How can I be little when I stand 5'11"?  Even taller than the other guys.

I woke up after 50 minutes and saw a blurry sign, "NORTH".

Where in the world is he bringing us?

-Tiffany Woods, 18 years old